You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pencil tool

hello I'm new here, so I'm not sure this is the right place for this topic.

I'm drawing a portrait in designer, and using pencil tool. I'm using a wacom tablet, and I noticed that if I stop drawing the line I couldn't edit it with the pencil tool.

I'm using the pencil tool mostly when I draw with my tablet's pen, and I'm very used to edit the line with the pen in my hand like I'm still drawing it but, I couldn't find a way to do this.

it just stops acting like a pencil. is there a way for this?

another thing is, theres maybe some hundred lines. -imagine a beard drawing- those lines are very close to each other -by the way designer's performance is still great even those tons of anchor points- without any lines selected, I'm picking node tool or move tool, but I'm unable to select any of the lines. I have to do this from the layers panel, so it's not coming handy.

one more thing; when I hover any line with node or move tool it's not showing any anchor points etc. like smart guides.

I used affinity competitor app more than ten years throughout my whole career. I guess I discovered affinity two years ago if I'm not mistaken or a year ago. couple of days ago I decided to use affinity for all my professional work. I loved the app a lot, I believe in what you people are doing, and I want to support you on the long run. I'm working 6 days a week 24/7 if I'm not sleeping, and I'm planning to give you tons of feedbacks as I do my work on affinity. I hope that's ok. I hope I will not make any developers angry. I will just right my thoughts in here so maybe some of them helps you.

Hello, unfortunately there is no way to edit the path yet. You simply have to redo the entire shape or manually adjust the shape by selecting each node and moving it around.

For me, this was the first thing I noticed that was missing from AD since I'm illustrator and I rely on editing paths. Without editing the path, pencil tool is almost useless. Here, I started my own topic and request about the matter: