You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I export an Affinity Photo file to Sketch, preserving layers?

Hi, I've been trying to find an answer to this for a while and haven't figured it out yet, so hopefully someone can help me get to the bottom of this. I've been given a file with a UI that was created in Affinity Photo, not Affinity Designer, and need to bring this into Sketch to continue the rest of the UI. However, I'm not sure of how I can export the file into Sketch and preserve all the layers? This might have been easier if I was from a vector to vector program, but I'm going from a raster to vector program, so I'm not entirely sure how this will work out, or if I'll have to end up recreating the entire thing in Sketch. Please let me know if you have any good workarounds or if someone else has figured this out yet. Thanks!

• Staff

Hi JayeCulture and Welcome to the Forums,

You can try an SVG file, as that appears to keep things separated when you open it in Sketch.  Normally i'd suggest a PSD file but it appears Sketch flattens the PSD file when opened.