You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Switch color and undo buttons to the left

I'm using Photo for iPad a couple of months now. And the last few weeks also for bigger projects. I only used the desktop version for color correction.

With all the masking and matte painting I think it is really annoying I can't reach some functions with my left hand (thumb). If I mask I switch a lot between foreground and background colors. On a keyboard I use X (and D te reset them to black and white). I miss this completely in Photo for iPad. I always have to select a color by using the color selecter. That's nog so good for a fast workflow. So I prefer the button on the left at the ui. Also transferring the undo button to the left would me sooooooo great.

And maybe, you can set this as an option for the left hand users...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nickfranken
Not sure exactly  how the Ipad is set up, but on the desk top version, you can go into View > Customize Tools. You will be given an option to add columns. Choosing 2 or more columns gives you a second fore /back ground color switching station on the lower left of the screen. It will be located below the tool panel, when you close the customize tools panel. I'd also vote for adding both to the right click menu. Until then it's  CTRL - Z= undo  and CTRL - Y = redo. Whoa!!!.. hold on....  You Ipad guys have  an undo button?

• 3 weeks later...

+1

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

Some filters open the used filters icon in bottom left corner.

Perhaps when using paintbrush a colour switch icon could be opened instead, in bottom left corner. Tapping the icon to cause the two previously selected colour tabs to switch focus.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

+1

A direct, quick switch to black and white is a must have, especially for painting on masks.

Also a faster way to inverse selections and masks (mask inversion is terribly bad right now) should be added.

There is plenty of room in the left bar to add really important and common shortcuts.

On 05/02/2018 at 9:17 AM, Voxen said:

+1

A direct, quick switch to black and white is a must have, especially for painting on masks.

Also a faster way to inverse selections and masks (mask inversion is terribly bad right now) should be added.

There is plenty of room in the left bar to add really important and common shortcuts.

Is this not one of the options when you tap with 2 fingers?

78CF403A-7510-49CD-8C2B-2BAB7D80FE79.jpeg