You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If your images have some recognizable background (that can be used for alignment), then:

Load all the images into a stack (File > New Stack) and tick the Align box. Then select the maximum from the drop-down list (the default is median). This will allow the brightest pixels to show through.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

I think the answer's going to depend on the pictures - you could try stacking them, but if you've got foreground objects they'll be stationary while the stars have moved (probably!).  Cloning from multiple sources might work.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

1 hour ago, IanSG said:

I think the answer's going to depend on the pictures - you could try stacking them, but if you've got foreground objects they'll be stationary while the stars have moved (probably!).  Cloning from multiple sources might work.

I was assuming that the stars would be faint in comparison with the meteor trails. If that were the case, then you could probably get rid of them with a bit of Curves work.

I would agree that a few samples would help us help you.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

10 hours ago, John Rostron said:

If your images have some recognizable background (that can be used for alignment), then:

Load all the images into a stack (File > New Stack) and tick the Align box. Then select the maximum from the drop-down list (the default is median). This will allow the brightest pixels to show through.

No background unfortunately, I was pointing the camera upwards so it's only the sky

10 hours ago, HVDB Fotografie said:

Are these RAW images or JPG ?

Maybe you could attach a few of them so we cangive a try ?

I have the raw and the JPEG files after processing them in rawtherapee

JPEG files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/14q41kevTW1ovRQFiR0JVGGlVom0QWiQj?usp=sharing

RAW files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1oIoPXw941006-zjPoyL-HkoKXdw44nno?usp=sharing

I stacked the JPEG images and chose the Maximum option giving the image here: The stars do seem to have produced trails, and the meteor trails are (approximately) radiating from a common radiant. You should be able to align the images manually to improve the final image.

Stacked.thumb.jpg.14820c28284cb5ca4775f5cd1f8f0e6d.jpg