You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i got a problem that whenever i open image in Affinity photo, the image will flash to the top left of the canvas. but the image are actually still in the right position. i have tried reinstalled and also tried using the new beta version. but still can't solve the porblem.. anyone know how to solve this problem?...btw this is my lovely dog Minnie=]

Untitled.png

You could try the following:

Use the flood fill or magic wand to select the white area.

Delete the selection.

Deselect the transparent area.

Use Document > Clip Canvas.

This should leave you with just the image you want.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi John,

I think i should put this to bug...sorry.

I know what you mean, however thats not the problem...the problem is the image in my editing area is not showing correctly....i have a image that shows you how... the bottom right is how it should look like on the editing area, and in the editing area, it just move all to the top left.... you can see the blue line between the white and grey area indicating where the image is...and i have an image showing after i use the flood fill to select the white area...super weird 

anyway thanks.

Untitled2.pngUntitled3.thumb.png.f12531be87c6abecbc04d26cd3cdae84.png

It sounds like you have set your Windows Preferences "display scale" to a custom value. From what I've read here AP doesn't like values other than the ones that Windows offers by default (100%, 125%, 150%, 175%) and setting a different value (e.g., 135%) will cause problems like the one you described.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1