You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pie tool size on percentage and decimal measures

Pie tool could be hugely improved if there was the possibility to use percentages as angle unit. As it is now, you must calculate the angle [(360/100)*percentage value] So you need a calculator at hand (boooooring, slooooower). It could be acceptable, but problem here is that a lot of percentages (specially in investigation charts) result in values with decimals, and you cannot use decimals as angle value, it gets rounded. At the end, on a pie chart the circle is not complete as the different rounded values sum are always less or more that 360º and you must adjust it by hand (to add to the long process of calculate and input values)

I suggest to allow it to use decimals on the angle, and to accept or to have an specific field for percentage values.

Or, as others suggested, create a good chart tool… but that is another story.

Regarding the investigation charts you use do they have percentages values with decimal places or just whole numbers?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

As far as I can see the Pie Tool supports 1 decimal place and does not round them up to whole numbers

All whole value percentages from 1% to 100% will never result in an angle with more than 1 decimal place so the Pie Tools should be totally accurate for those charts.

PS I use the Windows version, some stuff may be different on Macs

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.