You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD 1.6.3.96 beta CMYK color slider bug

Sean,

Under what circumstance would CMYK as 8-bit ever be useful to anyone creating a CMYK document?

I don't know what a fresh install does these days. But AD once upon a time used 8-bit as the default with a fresh install. Does this still happen?

• Staff
5 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Sean,

Under what circumstance would CMYK as 8-bit ever be useful to anyone creating a CMYK document?

I don't know what a fresh install does these days. But AD once upon a time used 8-bit as the default with a fresh install. Does this still happen?

I'm not a developer so can't say for their reasoning of including it. Maybe @MattP can?

As for a fresh install it is set to percentage, so I can only assume that it has been accidently changed.

No worries, Sean. I was just curious. It's enough knowing that AD no longer installs with that as a default. 

No if those pesky gray swatches would know the difference between starting a cmyk or rgb document...I've sorted that out for my own, but it does continue to catch people out.

• 4 weeks later...

Ohh, I was very discouraged. In the current beta version, this is not observed. Although... In one panel, there are still get a 8-bit CMYK representation.

Thanks for the clarification, I was very surprised at this fact and didn't downloaded the current beta version for a long time ;) 

designer butcher — nodeus.ru

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.