You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard size limited to apple devices

When ever I tried to create a artboard within the document  the toolbar drop down selection is limited to apple devices and few other mobile devices. why can't I choose different sizes for example A4, A5 or sizes that are useful for websites? affinity products are not used by designers only to design stuff for apple or just for mobile. Is there any way to add custom artboard size to the dropdown list in dartboard toolbar.

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.07.07.png

• Staff

Hi Sankku,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, currently there's no way to add your own presets to the Document Setup dialog or the Artboards dropdown however when designing for web or using a specific document page size (A4, A5 etc) you usually want to add artboards with the same size of the document (canvas/artboard) you are already working. So selecting the first option - Document - from the Artboards dropdown will create a new artboard with the same size as the document you are currently working with. Another thing that may help to work around this is to create an artboard with the dimensions you want and add it to the Assets panel (just add a text object with its dimensions so you can identify it after dragging to the panel since the artboard alone will not be visible there). Then to re use it drag it from the Assets panel to the Pasteboard area. You can also duplicate artboards as if they were regular objects.

Note: i've moved this thread to the Questions section.

• 3 years later...

Just updated AD to 1.9 and can't understand why something as simple as managing custom art boards is stuck in 2017. I use AD for app design and mock ups and the process of creating documents with multiple custom art board sizes is painful. Please, I just want to be able to include "My Presets" in the dropdown menu.

Sometimes, it's the little things that can make a BIG different and I think this is one of them.

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-02-16 at 17.52.43.png

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2017 at 9:28 PM, MEB said:

Hi Sankku,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, currently there's no way to add your own presets to the Document Setup dialog or the Artboards dropdown however when designing for web or using a specific document page size (A4, A5 etc) you usually want to add artboards with the same size of the document (canvas/artboard) you are already working. So selecting the first option - Document - from the Artboards dropdown will create a new artboard with the same size as the document you are currently working with. Another thing that may help to work around this is to create an artboard with the dimensions you want and add it to the Assets panel (just add a text object with its dimensions so you can identify it after dragging to the panel since the artboard alone will not be visible there). Then to re use it drag it from the Assets panel to the Pasteboard area. You can also duplicate artboards as if they were regular objects.

Note: i've moved this thread to the Questions section.

Hi, Please there solution to Sankku's question now?

4 hours ago, Charles Osei-Wusu said:

Hi, Please there solution to Sankku's question now?

We still cannot add custom artboard sizes to the list but as a clumsy partial workaround, you can create artboards at whatever sizes you want & save them as assets so they can be added to your documents.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7