Helen Bowie

Brush and stroke settings change after save and close

I have created a simple drawing in Affinity Designer. 

PROBLEM: Every time I close the file and open it again, the pressure curve changes to a standard profile that I didn't select, sometimes the caps, join and align types or mitre value have changed, and the stroke size.

This changes the weight of the line around the head of my fish

1st pic is how the drawing is supposed to look;

2nd is how it looks after I change the settings again, save it close it and reopen ( the line around the head is thinner).

Third pic shows the profile that Affinity keeps going back to, the 4th what it should be. 

When I change the profile back, the stroke changes from selected 21 px to 15.7, which I then have to change again.

Can you help please?

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 20.44.38.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 20.47.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 23.59.40.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 00.02.25.png

Hi Helen,

Thanks for reporting the issue. I've reproduced it here and will get it passed on to development. In the meantime all I can really suggest is you could try using the the pressure profile on the Stroke Panel to control it in the meantime, or just reduce the size variance slider on the selected curves. That way you should be able to get a much more acceptable look.