You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Affinity Forums,

I'm only curious whether or not there will be any deals when purchasing both "Affinity Photo" and "Photo Designer", with Christmas coming up it'd be a nice present. Also, another question I have is whether or not these programs can be used on multiple computers or not? For example, can I be signed in on both my PC and my Laptop?

Cheers,

• Staff

Hi All, 

Welcome to the forums :)

We don't offer any bundle discounts or student discounts I'm afraid. One licence can be used on up to 5 computers as long as you are the primary user of those computers.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

One licence can be used on up to 5 computers as long as you are the primary user of those computers.

Where does the "up to 5 computers" limit come from? The Mac App Store licenses specify that for non-commercial purposes the apps can be installed on any Mac the buyer "owns or controls." I believe the Windows licensing terms are very similar.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
1 minute ago, R C-R said:

Where does the "up to 5 computers" limit come from? The Mac App Store licenses specify that for non-commercial purposes the apps can be installed on any Mac the buyer "owns or controls." I believe the Windows licensing terms are very similar.

This is just what Ive always been told since the launch of designer!

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

4 minutes ago, R C-R said:

I believe the Windows licensing terms are very similar.

Yes, they are. Please see 'How many computers can I install a digital product on?' in the Digital Orders section on the Affinity Store help page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Callum said:

This is just what Ive always been told since the launch of designer!

At least on the Mac side, there is probably some a lot of confusion because the Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions document includes the licensing terms not just for the Mac App Store, but also for the iTunes Store, the iBooks Store, Apple Music, and Apple News. Apple identifies all of these things as "services."

It takes careful reading to notice that the five computer limitation applies to protected iTunes Store purchases:

iTunes Store Content:

You can use Digital Rights Management (DRM)-free Content on a reasonable number of compatible devices that you own or control. DRM-protected Content can be used on up to five computers and any number of devices that you sync to from those computers.

... and similarly to iBook Store purchases:

iBooks Store Content:

You can use DRM-free Content on any compatible device that you own or control. DRM-protected Content can be used on up to five computers and any number of devices that you sync to from those computers.

.. but not to the App Store Content section (because of the exclusion in the All Services section):

You may use the Services and Content only for personal, noncommercial purposes (except as set forth in the App Store Content section below).

If not for that exclusion & the separate terms, nobody could use App Store purchases for commercial purposes at all! o.O

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi All, 

Welcome to the forums :)

We don't offer any bundle discounts or student discounts I'm afraid. One licence can be used on up to 5 computers as long as you are the primary user of those computers.

Thanks

Callum

Thank you for your prompt response, when you say "primary user of those computers" do you guys require a process to prove that you are? I have a desktop and a laptop, sometimes I pull in help to my graphic design team. So let's say on a Friday a lot of jobs come in, could I have my subordinate use the program on my laptop at the same time as me on my desktop?

12 minutes ago, Dubious Game Studios said:

I have a desktop and a laptop, sometimes I pull in help to my graphic design team. So let's say on a Friday a lot of jobs come in, could I have my subordinate use the program on my laptop at the same time as me on my desktop?

No, not with a single licence. If you followed the link in my previous post, you should have seen this:

As a commercial enterprise, you can download, install, use and run one copy of the Serif Software for use either: (a) by one specific individual on each of the Windows Computer(s) that they use, own or control, or (b) by multiple individuals on a single shared Windows Computer that you own or control.

So your subordinate is permitted to use the program on your laptop, but not if you’re using your desktop copy at the same time. You need a separate licence for each ‘seat’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)