You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems i have run into

Hello! Recently I bought this app to fulfill my need for doing some work on the ipad. Normally I use photoshop. These are my questions:

1. Is there feature which works like “photo filter” in photoshop? Basicly overlaying color.

2. Clipping masks. I found that dropping layer in the middle of another layer, in layer panel will make clipping mask.  BUT if I merge layers while they are clipped, they, for whatever reason merge in a  strange way. Merging what I selected with clipping mask itself. (I hope you can understand me)

3. Brushes. How can I setup a brush which changes only its opacity  by applying pressure on apple pencil? I see theres a button for something like that, but brush changes both size, and opacity. But i couldn’t  do only opacity.

4. How can I do hue saturation changes like in photoshop?

5. When I work with text,  and would like to make some steps back, every time i press step back button keyboard shows up. And I dont want that. Is there a feature to tap with two fingers to undo? 

6. Can I rotate canvas like in procreate?  Found canvas rotation tool

7. When i copy text from browser and paste it in, it pastes formatting, changing font, font size and style. Can I paste without formatting?

also i want to mention that i experience crashes, even though I don’t use large dimension file sizes on ipad pro 12,9. Is that normal?

• Staff
17 hours ago, mshustov said:

Is there feature which works like “photo filter” in photoshop? Basicly overlaying color.

No Photo Filter to overlay a fill but on the Layers panel, when you tap no New Layer, select New Fill layer.  You can then set the colour of the fill and alter the opacity or blend mode on the Layer so it shows the layer underneath.

Clipping masks. I found that dropping layer in the middle of another layer, in layer panel will make clipping mask.  BUT if I merge layers while they are clipped, they, for whatever reason merge in a  strange way. Merging what I selected with clipping mask itself. (I hope you can understand me)

Can you post a screenshot or sharing a .afphoto file showing the issue.

Brushes. How can I setup a brush which changes only its opacity  by applying pressure on apple pencil? I see theres a button for something like that, but brush changes both size, and opacity. But i couldn’t  do only opacity.

If you select a brush and then tap on the More option and then tap on Dynamics, change the Accumulation to Pressure and set everything else to None.  This is the closest we get to opacity pressure control, but it's basically the same thing.

How can I do hue saturation changes like in photoshop?

Under the Adjustments we have the HSL layer which you can apply

When I work with text,  and would like to make some steps back, every time i press step back button keyboard shows up. And I dont want that. Is there a feature to tap with two fingers to undo? 

Nope, no 2 tap finger undo

When i copy text from browser and paste it in, it pastes formatting, changing font, font size and style. Can I paste without formatting?

No paste without formatting.  But if you paste your text into the Notes app 1st and then re-copy it and paste it into Photo, the text will be unformatted.

Wit the crashes are they at random or can you repeat a set of steps that result in a crash each time? 

Hello Stokerg! Thank you very much.  I understood what was  my problem with merging. Merge down works as I was expecting unlike other merging options. 

As for crashes.. they are random. I experience them once ore twice a day. Sorry for no useful info..

But i experienced a bug which i recorded here. https://yadi.sk/d/6vdXJZN13QfRR8

Thanks for help!