Jump to content
TonyB

Affinity Publisher - Sneak Preview

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Autumnal equinox: September 23, 2018 at 01:54 UTC (02:54 BST)

Er ... just wanted to put that out there! :D

 

Yes and we have seasons because the Earth is tilted with respect to its axis... tilted towards Affinity... :D


Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ecifircas said:

Just two more days...

… to discuss seasons or until the next preview or closure or until Friday or happiness or until infinity or …

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, MikeW said:
20 minutes ago, Oval said:

… to discuss seasons or until the next preview or closure or until Friday or happiness or until infinity or …

Oval, I think you forgot the tags <sarcasm> and </sarcasm>

:)

 

-g
 

 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, Rick G said:

 

 


new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 4:57 PM, Tom Schülke said:

Realy...     are we realy discussing about a Product comparable to  Photoshop , that you can by for only about 50$ ?

This is so Cheap, that you can get affraid, Affinity won´t do it over the long run. 

I´d rather pay a bit more but to ruin this promising Product.

Right. This is why i asked. This is my point too.

In my opinion, Serif is doing a fantastic job with the Affinity products, i really hope that all developpers have a fair wage, and for this kind of product, i can offer more. but perhaps these products are not known enough on the market to set another price.

We'll see. Anyway, i'm really impatient, and right, you already have my money for Designer and Photo, and you will for Publisher ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14. Juni 2018 at 4:57 PM, Tom Schülke said:

so Cheap, that you can get affraid, Affinity won´t do it over the long run

Like others, you can buy more than you need and we all can support Serif with that and with more participation here in the forum.

German Angst ist angesichts des Erfolgs und der gesteigerten Qualität keine Option, auch wenn man denken könnte, Affinity hätte etwas mit affraid zu tun. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Helder luis said:

Any news on that beta?

Welcome here, Helder luis!

You have to expect a certain degree of probability that Serif will not announce any beta news here in “Sneak Preview”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Oval said:

Welcome here, Helder luis!

You have to expect a certain degree of probability that Serif will not announce any beta news here in “Sneak Preview”.

But they might read about my despair :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Helder luis said:

But they might read about my despair

Too much stuff like “starting thingy and need a thingy” in the wrong place (sneak preview instead of “Introduce Yourself”) consumes time because moderators do not move that to the correct place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Larsene said:

Right. This is why i asked. This is my point too.

In my opinion, Serif is doing a fantastic job with the Affinity products, i really hope that all developpers have a fair wage, and for this kind of product, i can offer more. but perhaps these products are not known enough on the market to set another price.

We'll see. Anyway, i'm really impatient, and right, you already have my money for Designer and Photo, and you will for Publisher ;-)

I asked this too a while back, they said they can sell at this price and make a good profit back. I guess it is that since the cost is too low more people buy the software, I mean people like hobbyists out there who just want to have a good photo editing program or want to draw.


Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 Wraith - MOBO: Asus Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 - RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133Mhz - GPU: ASUS AMD Radeon R7 250 1GB
SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB - HDD: 2x WD Black 640GB - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nitro912gr said:

I asked this too a while back, they said they can sell at this price and make a good profit back. I guess it is that since the cost is too low more people buy the software, I mean people like hobbyists out there who just want to have a good photo editing program or want to draw.

I’m sure that’s exactly right. If the number of copies that they can sell at $50 is double the number that they could sell at $80, it obviously makes sense for them to keep the price down.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aandd...I did run out of likes, already xD.

I agree the last two posts....IMO, is also due to a particular point of view from this company. User and consumer friendly since eons. 

In general... a good meal is done when it is done. Not a minute before. Don't put pressure on the cook! :D


Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I’m sure that’s exactly right. If the number of copies that they can sell at $50 is double the number that they could sell at $80, it obviously makes sense for them to keep the price down.

I wanted to learn vector drawing. $50 was manageable. $80 or more ... not so much as that was an all consuming desire. If they are reading this, I am sure I am not the only one who bought something I really didn't need because of reasonable pricing. 


Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 & beta 1.7.2.476  Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 beta  1.7.2.476 Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.422 beta  1.7.2.458

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709

CPU Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM 32.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798 MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. B85M-D3H (SOCKET 0)

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Gigabyte)

yoda.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I’m sure that’s exactly right. If the number of copies that they can sell at $50 is double the number that they could sell at $80, it obviously makes sense for them to keep the price down.

But if they up the price from £50 to £100 they only have to sell 1/2 the amount of copies, to users, to make the same profit and you still have the potential for some of the other 1/2 of the users to buy the product in the future if their economic circumstances change.  (Or reel some of them in on a Black Friday mega sale)


Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bennyboe

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

10 minutes ago, bennyboe said:

Where is the beta? its almost July... 

It's not ready yet, sorry. We are still adding features that users will expect to be included, even in a beta.


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carl123 said:

But if they up the price from £50 to £100 they only have to sell 1/2 the amount of copies, to users, to make the same profit and you still have the potential for some of the other 1/2 of the users to buy the product in the future if their economic circumstances change.  (Or reel some of them in on a Black Friday mega sale)

IMO ~ 50 (even some bucks above) is both a magic number for pure psychology (impulse purchase much more likely to happen!), but also, the kind of price that at the same time makes the product reachable for professionals (who could actually pay more, or most of  them) from the first world, but also from several other countries, not so privileged ones.  And from hobbyists AND students from many countries. This is crucial for large diffusion,  to really build a huge user base (key in this kind of applications), even more when you need to fight a  lot of resistance as there are established tools that dominate the market. IMO, need to keep a no-brainer advantage.


Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

I expect all feature which I use in PPX9 in beta...... :p
 

Then you may (or may not) be disappointed depending on the features you use. As has been said before, there is not a 1-to-1 feature match with the software that had 100+ man years development in it. Note: Because we are starting from scratch, then straight out of the box it will also be able to do some things PagePlus never could. :)


Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Then you may (or may not) be disappointed depending on the features you use. As has been said before, there is not a 1-to-1 feature match with the software that had 100+ man years development in it.

Ha Ha Ha.......  AD+Page+Text Flow+Table+Wrap

And as an Indic Language (Bengali / Devnagari) user I am used to with "Work Around" :D  for a long long time. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

AD+Page+Text Flow+Table+Wrap

... +Linked Images+PDF Pass-through+Embedded Fonts+ ...


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×