You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Sneak Preview

TonyB

But that is when it begins (the Summer).....I don't recall reading it has to be at the beginning, but just in Summer.... It could be released just the latest day of it. Meanwhile, you could send them all your dreams, everyday, in a letter, sealed with a kiss. Yes, it's going to be a cold, lonely summer. They'll hear your voice everywhere.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

4 hours ago, Ecifircas said:

Just two more days...

… to discuss seasons or until the next preview or closure or until Friday or happiness or until infinity or …

On 6/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, MikeW said:
20 minutes ago, Oval said:

… to discuss seasons or until the next preview or closure or until Friday or happiness or until infinity or …

Oval, I think you forgot the tags <sarcasm> and </sarcasm>

:)

-g

On 6/14/2018 at 11:02 AM, Rick G said:

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

On 6/14/2018 at 4:57 PM, Tom Schülke said:

Realy...     are we realy discussing about a Product comparable to  Photoshop , that you can by for only about 50$ ?

This is so Cheap, that you can get affraid, Affinity won´t do it over the long run. 

I´d rather pay a bit more but to ruin this promising Product.

Right. This is why i asked. This is my point too.

In my opinion, Serif is doing a fantastic job with the Affinity products, i really hope that all developpers have a fair wage, and for this kind of product, i can offer more. but perhaps these products are not known enough on the market to set another price.

We'll see. Anyway, i'm really impatient, and right, you already have my money for Designer and Photo, and you will for Publisher ;-)

On 14. Juni 2018 at 4:57 PM, Tom Schülke said:

so Cheap, that you can get affraid, Affinity won´t do it over the long run

Like others, you can buy more than you need and we all can support Serif with that and with more participation here in the forum.

German Angst ist angesichts des Erfolgs und der gesteigerten Qualität keine Option, auch wenn man denken könnte, Affinity hätte etwas mit affraid zu tun. :D

7 hours ago, Helder luis said:

But they might read about my despair

Too much stuff like “starting thingy and need a thingy” in the wrong place (sneak preview instead of “Introduce Yourself”) consumes time because moderators do not move that to the correct place.

23 hours ago, Larsene said:

Right. This is why i asked. This is my point too.

In my opinion, Serif is doing a fantastic job with the Affinity products, i really hope that all developpers have a fair wage, and for this kind of product, i can offer more. but perhaps these products are not known enough on the market to set another price.

We'll see. Anyway, i'm really impatient, and right, you already have my money for Designer and Photo, and you will for Publisher ;-)

I asked this too a while back, they said they can sell at this price and make a good profit back. I guess it is that since the cost is too low more people buy the software, I mean people like hobbyists out there who just want to have a good photo editing program or want to draw.

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

4 minutes ago, nitro912gr said:

I asked this too a while back, they said they can sell at this price and make a good profit back. I guess it is that since the cost is too low more people buy the software, I mean people like hobbyists out there who just want to have a good photo editing program or want to draw.

I’m sure that’s exactly right. If the number of copies that they can sell at $50 is double the number that they could sell at $80, it obviously makes sense for them to keep the price down.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Aandd...I did run out of likes, already xD.

I agree the last two posts....IMO, is also due to a particular point of view from this company. User and consumer friendly since eons. 

In general... a good meal is done when it is done. Not a minute before. Don't put pressure on the cook! :D

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

6 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I’m sure that’s exactly right. If the number of copies that they can sell at $50 is double the number that they could sell at $80, it obviously makes sense for them to keep the price down.

I wanted to learn vector drawing. $50 was manageable. $80 or more ... not so much as that was an all consuming desire. If they are reading this, I am sure I am not the only one who bought something I really didn't need because of reasonable pricing. 

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

51 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

But if they up the price from £50 to £100 they only have to sell 1/2 the amount of copies, to users, to make the same profit and you still have the potential for some of the other 1/2 of the users to buy the product in the future if their economic circumstances change.  (Or reel some of them in on a Black Friday mega sale)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

@bennyboe

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

10 minutes ago, bennyboe said:

Where is the beta? its almost July... 

It's not ready yet, sorry. We are still adding features that users will expect to be included, even in a beta.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

But if they up the price from £50 to £100 they only have to sell 1/2 the amount of copies, to users, to make the same profit and you still have the potential for some of the other 1/2 of the users to buy the product in the future if their economic circumstances change.  (Or reel some of them in on a Black Friday mega sale)

IMO ~ 50 (even some bucks above) is both a magic number for pure psychology (impulse purchase much more likely to happen!), but also, the kind of price that at the same time makes the product reachable for professionals (who could actually pay more, or most of  them) from the first world, but also from several other countries, not so privileged ones.  And from hobbyists AND students from many countries. This is crucial for large diffusion,  to really build a huge user base (key in this kind of applications), even more when you need to fight a  lot of resistance as there are established tools that dominate the market. IMO, need to keep a no-brainer advantage.

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

I expect all feature which I use in PPX9 in beta...... :p

Then you may (or may not) be disappointed depending on the features you use. As has been said before, there is not a 1-to-1 feature match with the software that had 100+ man years development in it. Note: Because we are starting from scratch, then straight out of the box it will also be able to do some things PagePlus never could. :)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 minutes ago, Arun Sarkar said:

AD+Page+Text Flow+Table+Wrap

... +Linked Images+PDF Pass-through+Embedded Fonts+ ...

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Linked images have their advantages, too...

It will be my first time using a Software like this, so, I'll dedicate myself to explore what Publisher will be able to do in the first public releases. :D

Best regards!