You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Sneak Preview

TonyB

• Staff
2 minutes ago, Gravitass said:

@Patrick Connor

Would sending you photos of discs for WebPlus 5,6,7,8 | DrawPlus 5, 6 | MoviePlus 5,6 | PhotoPlus 6,7 | define me as a legacy customer ? 

It would 'define' you I suppose, but we already know what customers own from our legacy database.

I did not say that we had a problem knowing who bought what. We are not offering additional discount to legacy customers. We are selling Affinity range cheaply and (so far) discounting newly released products for everyone. Hence my apology if you felt stung by this policy.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

did not say that we had a problem knowing who bought what.

No, but you did say you had “difficulty making a fair definition of a legacy customer”. ;)

4 minutes ago, Gravitass said:

Can no longer run PP9 with the new W10 update, conflicts. 

I’ve mislaid my PP9 disc from about fifteen years ago, but PPX9 works fine for me on Windows 10 version 1803.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

13 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

This thread is about Affinity Publisher.

You know that everything is discussed here (crazy: even a completely free APu!). And when Serif uses the word “any” then not only one thing like APu (what should have been the only context) could be mentioned, but free products like Asp and future goodies.

• Staff

No doubt some of you will rip me to shreds for this extra information too, but here goes....

To be 100% fair, I have realised that there was another reason why we didn't offer a discount just for Legacy customers when we launched the Windows versions in late 2016. As we launched the Windows software we also launched the Affinity Store. That was all new bespoke code and sold just 2 products, each for a single price. It had no concept of discount or any way to offer the products at one price to this group and a different price to another group. It is only in the last few months that this sort of functionality has even been available. So if the marketing team ever did decide to offer a discount only to legacy customers they can now technically do it, where before it was not possible. We would have had to encourage legacy customers to wait until we could do offer pricing (so over a year). That is one of the main reasons we launched with a discount for everyone as that felt like the fairest thing to do to our legacy customers (get the discount without having to prove eligibility or having to wait till we had a store that could honour a differential price). So legacy customers got the discount, and so did anyone else who wanted it.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

12 hours ago, MikeW said:

If Oval cannot understand that then an ESL course is in order.

As a foreign guest would you like to be called as a pedant, just because you wanted to clarify something for other foreigners?! Thanks for the alien bashing.

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

No doubt some of you will rip me to shreds for this extra information too, but here goes....

To be 100% fair, I have realised that there was another reason why we didn't offer a discount just for Legacy customers when we launched the Windows versions in late 2016. As we launched the Windows software we also launched the Affinity Store. That was all new bespoke code and sold just 2 products, each for a single price. It had no concept of discount or any way to offer the products at one price to this group and a different price to another group. It is only in the last few months that this sort of functionality has even been available. So if the marketing team ever did decide to offer a discount only to legacy customers they can now technically do it, where before it was not possible. We would have had to encourage legacy customers to wait until we could do offer pricing (so over a year). That is one of the main reasons we launched with a discount for everyone as that felt like the fairest thing to do to our legacy customers (get the discount without having to prove eligibility or having to wait till we had a store that could honour a differential price). So legacy customers got the discount, and so did anyone else who wanted it.

You do NOT have to explain yourself on this. Information is welcome of course but I am afraid this issue has turned into troll bait and you should not let it upset you. The continued bickering seems to be for amusement and is not really going anywhere

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Little more than a week ago I introduced a collegue to Affinity Designer and Photo. When he saw it presented on the Affinity website - and noticed the price - he exclaimed a loud 'Wow!' and immediately placed an order. The next day he proudly presented an intricate logo for his wife's association, made in Designer.

I share his awe and want to express my gratitude for you people at Serif - programmers et al - for your hard work, willingness to listen and to continually seek to perfect already impressive software. I know of NO other software company that rivals you!

A bit off-topic, perhaps...

Lenovo laptop with Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Home. Former user of most Serif software from PagePlus 3.0 through PagePlus X9, now enjoying Affinity Designer, Photo, and Publisher.

Not sure if anyone has asked this question - I have searched forums for pricing, etc..  - so sorry if they have and point me in the right direction..

I am about to purchase designer and photo but not sure whether to wait to see if you are intending to any kind of 'suite' price for all 3 for mac when affinity publisher comes out?

Not a problem if not - I'll purchase separately..

thanks

Sitting back and waiting, waiting, waiting patiently for Affinity Publisher. I am hoping to produce two more childeren's books, after using apple ibooks for my first publication, I cannot wait for the latest addition to the sublime Affinity Suite. I keep checking for any latest news on Publisher - but sadly nothing has appeared lately. I shall continue to live in never ending hope and dream of yet another superb application from the team at Affinity.

3 hours ago, MokohDesign said:

I am about to purchase designer and photo but not sure whether to wait to see if you are intending to any kind of 'suite' price for all 3 for mac when affinity publisher comes out?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @MokohDesign. :)

There is no ‘suite’ price for the current suite of two apps, so I think it would be unwise to assume that there will be a special price available as standard when Affinity Publisher becomes available for purchase. However, previous retail releases have been accompanied by generous discounts on all of the apps; for example, to celebrate the launch of Affinity Photo on iPad they had a sale price for the desktop versions of both apps.

Alfred spacer.png

Is there any chance of an update from Serif on the likely release date of the Publisher beta?  It been quite some time since the sneak preview was published.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

29 minutes ago, pioneer said:

Is there any chance of an update from Serif on the likely release date of the Publisher beta?  It been quite some time since the sneak preview was published.

What kind of update are you expecting, John? We’ve been told that it should be with us at some point during the (northern hemisphere) summer; although meteorological summer began almost three weeks ago, we’re only just approaching the beginning of astronomical summer now.

Alfred spacer.png

All this talk about the price found it a bit 'out of place, not so much for the economic value but for the ethical.

The hardware would not be anything without the software. I would continue to use Adobe if I was not fed up with so many idiosyncrasies of their offer.

Of Affinity I bought books before the software and in proportion cost much more the books of the software.

I am convinced that the choice of a democratic price contains a precise analysis and marketing choice. They could give discounts to old customers, they could give their products to hobbyists, they could charge all this to their customers by selling the software to a few hundred euro ... they chose to make everyone pay the right one!

I find their choice very ethical and positive for everyone.

29 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

What kind of update are you expecting, John? We’ve been told that it should be with us at some point during the (northern hemisphere) summer; although meteorological summer began almost three weeks ago, we’re only just approaching the beginning of astronomical summer now.

Thanks Alfred.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

On 6/14/2018 at 10:00 AM, MikeW said:

I use Acrobat XI. I decided not to purchase a perpetual license version of Acrobat DC, but I did purchase a license of pdfToolbox from callas. They are the ones who license the code and routines to Adobe for the preflight stuff in Acrobat.

I cannot imagine working in print without one or the other.

I use Power PDF myself.

2 minutes ago, InfoCentral said:

I use Power PDF myself.

For myself it isn't about editing or creating pdfs. It's about color conversion, profile conversion, ink density control and preflight control and fixing structural problems, etc.

There are only two products that do that (and/or plug-ins to one of those) short of really expensive full-blown RIP software. 

8 minutes ago, dotheDVDeed said:

Summer solstice: June 21, 2018 at 10:07 UTC (11:07 BST)

.... errr... just wanted to put that out there....  grin....

Autumnal equinox: September 23, 2018 at 01:54 UTC (02:54 BST)

Er ... just wanted to put that out there! :D

Alfred spacer.png