You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher - Sneak Preview

TonyB

Definitely eager to see the APub Beta. I would definitely want to not have to rely on Adobe Subscription Software. Adobe has outsourced way too freaking much of their business. The Serif crew work together like an actual team. Adobe staff compete with each other causing all manner of irritation. Thank you Serif for creating a trio of true competitors to the Adobe majority monopoly.

As a freelancer I will definitely have more control over which software I use. Your software is a very warm welcome, especially for me starting out and building my artistic skills with digital painting and creating. If any one asks, no I do not have a portfolio of work to share (yet!). I am using the free time I have to build up my concept art/illustration skills so I could (in say 2 - 3 years) start going full time in the creative field.

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

I’ve just looked at a forecast for the weather in Nottingham tomorrow: 13°C (55°F) with a 62% chance of rain. Only marginally better than today’s stats (12°C/54°C with a 98% chance of rain).

But it always rain in the UK.

6 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

It's such a rainy night in Georg...In Spain. (nah, not really, tomorrow sun in too many places....I like the rain... )

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

3 minutes ago, Fatih19 said:

LOL. Yes, there are probably not many days in the year when it isn’t raining somewhere in the UK, but less than 15°C is hardly what I would call summer weather, even in this cold and rainy country!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

LOL. Yes, there are probably not many days in the year when it isn’t raining somewhere in the UK, but less than 15°C is hardly what I would call summer weather, even in this cold and rainy country!

Its always 30 degree celcius here. *dab*

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Hanzz,

Yes, this summer (2018).

Technically any time up to ...

Autumn Equinox 2018 in Northern Hemisphere will be at 9:54 PMon

September 22
All times are in Eastern Time.

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

3 minutes ago, Brahm said:

Rick, you're a funny guy :4_joy::4_joy::4_joy:

we are just impatient

LOL troll-face-meme-smiley-emoticon.gif

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

1 hour ago, Michelangelo_ said:

oh thanks, after 30 pages a clear news. the summer is quite near

thanks

After 30 pages?  Not sure if I understand what you mean, it is the very first post, page one.... 

"expect the beta next summer."

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

4 hours ago, SrPx said:

After 30 pages?  Not sure if I understand what you mean, it is the very first post, page one.... 

Absolutely understandable, because things (already) changed in the past (“launching in 2015”, …) and he needed an update/confirmation (of the year) after months.

4 minutes ago, Michelangelo_ said:

@srpx  @oval  @MEB

Affinity should publish announcements ( or pre-announcements) without comments to allow users to have clear information, without having to read pages of comments (which are often not relevant)

NOTHING other than the announcement and preview has been relevant. It is mostly conjecture and want lists.

That includes my posts

and this one of yours

You can be sure if there is more information they will pin it to the top or start a new beta forum

So you can just ignore the rest or jump in and have some fun xD

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

I am really looking forward to this. I have a lot of art I want to bring to the world, but the best way to do it is not easy to figure out. I decided that I want start by publishing books and sell on sites like Amazon and Barnes and Noble. And now seeing that this product is coming close to launch, it makes me feel happy knowing that I will now have a better way to organize and work. The Affinity products have really put a boost on my workflow and helped me to actually want to work towards getting my art out there.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I just waiting on publisher to buy the full suite, and drop adobe from every day use, so have my £300ish ready, as need Windows & Mac versions, and can sign up a few other people, that i work with, as soon as publisher is out :D

I was an early adopter of Affinity Photo (APhot) and Affinity Designer (ADsgn). I've completely moved my stock photo image processing to APhot. Although most of my vector work is now done in ADsgn, I still use DrawPlus X8 for functions still not present in ADsgn—such as warp mesh.

The main aspect of my freelance work, however, is document design and page layout. PagePlus X9 continues to be my workhorse in this area until Affinity Publisher (APub) arrives.

How would I go about becoming a beta tester for APub? I recently finished designing and typesetting a book for a client in PagePlus X9. I'm thinking that I could use the photos, illustrations, and copy from this project in recreating the book design in APub.

Thanks for two great apps in APhot & ADsgn.

And thanks in advance for working on getting APub out of the gate.

-- Lowe

What I do: Document design/typesetting; Stock photo images; Digital art | Apps I use: Publisher, Photo, Designer | My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U; 16.0GB RAM; Win 10 Home (21H2)

3 hours ago, lowerider said:

How would I go about becoming a beta tester for APub?

I assume it will be a process similar to beta tests for AD and APh. There was an announcement page with the option to register via email.

Keep your eyes open for anouncements here in the forum and as you are already an Affinity user you most likely will receive an email notification of some kind.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil