You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Team,

I was looking to use Neat Image Plugin from Affinity Photo.

While the Plugin loads and we are able to work with it. Affinity Photo is not passing Image Exif Data to the Plugin ( Photoshop does pass this information), this has some issues where in which we cannot use Auto Match profiles which needs Exif data of the image to load a profile. 

I spoke with Neat Image team and they confirmed that Affinity Photo does not pass this information. Posting conversation with Neat Image support Team.

> Is the issue in the Affinity side as they are not passing exif data ?
Yes, Affinity does not pass that data, while Photoshop correctly passes it.

Can you guys check and have option to pass this information, this will make the plugin to work much better.

Thanks

krishna

I wonder what this information is. I have not used Neat Image since upgrading to 1.6, so I tried it. I clicked on Auto Match and it could not find any profiles in my profiles folder. True, because I have not saved any there. I clicked on Auto Profile, and it gave me a square area to approve. However when I clicked on Apply, AP crashed. The error report window was empty.

Neat Image has worked for me before v1.6.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• Staff
21 hours ago, John Rostron said:

However when I clicked on Apply, AP crashed. The error report window was empty.

Neat Image has worked for me before v1.6.

We already have this logged for investigation by the Dev team. 

I'll update the log with the information from @Krishna Prasad Kotti as the lack of EXIF information being passed could be related to the crash.

• 4 weeks later...

I have just downloaded and tried 8.3.3 on an old scanned film slide. It does not get rid of the dirt, but it effectively gets rid of the background noise.

The Auto-profile works fine.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

14 hours ago, Allan_D said:

Neat Image has released an update to their plugin, version 8.3.3 dated December 27, 2017. It now works with Affinity Photo without crashing!

Thanks for the heads-up!

I had missed any announcement of this release!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 4 months later...