You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Questions About Photo Import and Art Boards In Designer

Hello all,

Long time lurker here:

I create training material and I need to work with multiple images with highlights, call outs etc.

Question:
How can I bring in many photos [60 or more] at one time and have each photo inside its own art board?

Right now I have to select each photo and insert an art board which is okay when working with only a few images but when working with 60 or 70+ images it becomes too time consuming.

Also:
I think I know the answer to this one but, Can I hyperlink text in one art board to another art board?

Or is this too much to ask from Designer and something that will be included in Publisher?

I love Photo and Designer and I hope you guys/girls keep up the great work!

Thanks.

Kevin.

Hi Kev D800,

How can I bring in many photos [60 or more] at one time and have each photo inside its own art board?

you can't the automatic way. - Even you can (maybe if there is enough RAM available) open/place 60 photos at one time, you can't distribute those automatically on new artboards. Maybe you should request an import feature for this, so to say the oposite of the export persona here (import persona).

I think I know the answer to this one but, Can I hyperlink text in one art board to another art board?

Hmm not directly, but what you can do instead is to make the text available as a symbol, which you then share among those artboards where the text should be in sync on!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2