You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Add custom Notes to "Elements/Objects"

Hello, I use Affinity Designer primarily for software design IE mobile/desktop apps, websites etc.

I like how fast and easy it is to draft layouts and individual elements in Affinity Designer but it would be very handy to be able to attach notes to individual objects. Why?
Well, if I make an element for an app I might want to keep record of the dimentions, colors etc so by beeing able to take notes and just read them real quick would be a bit time saving instead of navigating through palettes, size settings etc to get the "relevant" information, not to mention quite easy to miss a detail.

This suggestion is just about adding custom notes for various reasons, give yourself a reminder etc but I see quite a bit potential.
For example, in the future it could perhaps be extended to allow to export each object to a stylesheet like template with the notes under each object.

The notes would obviously not be visible unless you want them to, otherwise they might interfere with the designs.

NOTE:

Objects/Elements is just a layer/group but Objects/Elements seems more appropriate in this context.