You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New User feedback

Hello,

I'm new to the Affinity photo app and I have to say I'm very impressed with it overall, very polished and powerful. One omission for me, I am primarily an astrophotographer, is the dust and scratches tool.

Apologies if I have missed it somewhere, if I have, I'd be grateful to know where it's lurking. The dust and scratches tool is an essential part of my workflow in Photoshop (it is used for removing and creating seperate layers containing stars in astro images) and is all that stands between my switching over to Affinity from Photoshop.

Regards

John

Hi Leigh,

Yes the healing brush works well, and I normally follow up the dust and scratch tool with this to get rid of any last remnants ofthe stars I'm trying to remove. But, some of my images contain several thousand individual stars - very labour intensive with just the healing / blemish removal brushes! :)

The dust and scratch tool is a fantastic for the kind of images I work on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1 to a dust and scratches filter.

A lot of my workflow is scanning old family photos. No matter how well I clean the photo or the scanner glass there will be some dust. I have an Action in PS the cleans dust spots in a non-destructive manner using a duplicated layer in Darken mode that I apply the D&S filter to. I can then use the layer mask to choose which areas of the image are processed.

- Bill

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another vote for support for dust removal tool.

My objective pointed in completely different direction from above guys (underwater photography) and dedust filter is one of the most helpful tools in workflow, specially for shooting in lakes where backscatter (reflected flash light from particles in water) heavily bites you.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.