You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does designer have this ability to keep spacing between elements why resizing or moving one object?

For example there are 2 boxes with 20px margin between them, I want to make the top box bigger but keep the 20px margin between them while resizing it, not manually but automatically.

Thanks

Not sure what you mean with automatically here? - However without using the mouse for moving or resizing (which I assume you mean with manually, where popup activated snapping indicators for objects would then show you the distances) you can use instead the transform panel. Either just altering only the X and WIDTH settings (makes an object wider) will keep the margin distances then, since you didn't altered any Y or HEIGHT setting here. Or instead just do the positioning math before and alter all transform values accordingly relative to the bottom box then.

Though it might be quicker and easier to setup rulers, snapping grids and help guide lines for exact positioning and then move/resize things manually!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

22 hours ago, farshadatis said:

For example there are 2 boxes with 20px margin between them, I want to make the top box bigger but keep the 20px margin between them ...

I am not sure what you mean either, but for this example with 'box' (rectangle or whatever) A 20 px above 'box' B, to make box A bigger without changing the spacing, you could just use the Move tool to select A & drag any of its bounding box handles except the three bottom ones. To change just the width symmetrically, hold down the CMD key (on Macs) & drag one the two side center handles.

Alternately, do as @v_kyr suggested & use the Transform panel & select any of the three bottom anchor points to preserve the 20 px spacing below it.

Basically, you have to do something manually to resize the object anyway (dragging, entering Transform values, whatever) & you have to tell the app in some way what you do not want to change when you do that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7