Jaran Gaarder Heggen

Affinity Photo does not open linear DNG RAW files from Vuescan

When trying to open a linear RAW DNG file scanned with Vuescan, Affinity Photo only opens the embedded preview, not the actual full size Image File.
It doesn't open Nikon NEF files from Nikon Scan 4.x

Doesn't Affinity Photo at all support linear RAW scanned files from scanner software?

This will be a big problem for everyone that wish to save scanned Images as linear RAW to get as much info as possible from the scan so that they don't need to rescan their negatives for every time they wish a different version of it.

As of now, Affinity Photo is useless for me as I have tens of thousands of my Negatives scanned in this format, can you please fix this problem?

And according to that list, Mark, Adobe Digital Negative (DNG) is a supported RAW "camera".

Perhaps the developers need to take a look at a DNG file created by VueScan? (I have none to offer at the moment, but Jaran could probably supply one :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta

Yes, indeed, there are a great many of us who use VueScan to create high quality DNGs (with .xmp settings - at times, the result of hours of tweaking) AND would like to see an actual alternative to Photoshop.
Just bought Affinity Photo today and was most disappointed when I saw how small my DNG HQ file was!

I hope the Serif people understand there is a real demand for this.
Anybody working like me on some kind of archive knows this...

On 8/30/2018 at 8:07 AM, Jaran Gaarder Heggen said:

Never heard anything from Affinity about this... Gave up and have not tested it since... using other tools instead

On 12/18/2017 at 3:04 PM, Alfred J. said:

Yes, indeed, there are a great many of us who use VueScan to create high quality DNGs (with .xmp settings - at times, the result of hours of tweaking) AND would like to see an actual alternative to Photoshop.
Just bought Affinity Photo today and was most disappointed when I saw how small my DNG HQ file was!

I hope the Serif people understand there is a real demand for this.
Anybody working like me on some kind of archive knows this...

*Bump*

I am hoping someone at the Affinity dev team looks into this...

C

I'm having exactly the same problem on Mac running Mojave 10.14.2 

Has this ever been looked into?