evanheller

Pasting images from clipboard fails with zero physical size error

I am attempting to copy-and-paste bitmapped images from a scientific image editor (https://fiji.sc) into Affinity Designer for Mac, and the resulting image has a size of 0x0 pixels. Using "New From Clipboard" fails with a "The contents of the clipboard have no physical size" error.

This error has only cropped up in 1.6.0; previous versions worked fine for pasting this type of image data.

Hi evanheller,

We've had a report about this message before, but that was when copying data from inside the app! I've replicated the issue using ImageJ and have also passed that on to development. Although I was unable to get it to work in both 1.6 and 1.5.5!

Hi! Any updates on this bug? It seems to still be present in the latest, 1.6.1 release as well. (I'm looking to use AD to replace Illustrator for scientific figure layout in the life sciences, but this bug is a deal-breaker!)

Hi there,

any progress on this ?

To replace Photoshop by Affinity, this should work. If we copy from Fiji (the format of the image is PNG in the clipboard) than the "The contents of the clipboard have no physical size" error prevent normal pasting (while it works in Photoshop, keynote, word, etc...)

Thanks,

Franck 

Hi,

I created a turn-around for this problem (for Mac).

I have created a small application that you can start and let it run in the background when you need to copy from ImageJ/FiJi. It will "clean-up" the clipboard and make it OK for Affinity pasting.

I have posted here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ge4v3zoo06m0yzs/Clean FiJi Copy.app.cpgz?dl=0

and attached it to this post.

Because it is not a signed application, the first time you use it you will need to open it using Right-Click (or Ctrl-Click) > Open otherwise Gatekeeper will block it. Tis application only access your clipboard.

All the best,

Franck 

Clean FiJi Copy.zip

The application is developed using Xojo which is a rather confidential language. I however posted it on Github (I never did with my applications so sorry of I did not do it the proper way !).

If can be found here https://github.com/perezf/CleanClipboardforFiJi

The application simply scans the clipboard. If there is an image, it pastes the content in a picture object and copy it again into the clipboard. This kind of "cleans" the wrong parameters (size = 0) that Affinity is attaching to the image.

Best,

Franck