You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I wanted to copy a girls face from one photograph and paste it on to another. I checked that all layers were unlocked. Added the required mask, as in the video, as I progressed. Made a selection with the Elliptical Marquee Tool. Used Ctrl+C. Went to the other photo and pasted, Ctrl+V Up to this point there were no problems.

Tried to click on the white arrow of the Move Tool but it was not working. No change to it just did not respond to my clicking. I tried the keyboard V, nothing. I then noticed a Windows green bar above the program telling me the program had stopped working. Closed down and started again, several times, with the same result. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

I was following this tutorial: 

50 minutes ago, Jeff282 said:

.........J'ai essayé de cliquer sur la flèche blanche de l'outil de déplacement mais cela ne fonctionnait pas.......... J'ai alors remarqué une barre verte Windows au-dessus du programme me disant que le programme avait cessé de fonctionner..........

Bonjour.

J'ai rencontré ce problème. Et aussi "Affinity ne répond pas".

Je suis allé dans Edition-->Préférences-->Performances--> Limite d'utilisation de RAM. Augmentez un peu avec le curseur.

Essayez! Pour moi cela a bien fonctionné. 

• Staff

@Jeff282 I've just followed the video tutorial without any issues.

Can you try the advice offered by Viking, which is to increase the slider for 'Limit RAM Usage' under Performance section of Preferences and see if that helps.

On 13/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, Wikinger said:

Bonjour.

J'ai rencontré ce problème. Et aussi "Affinity ne répond pas".

Je suis allé dans Edition-->Préférences-->Performances--> Limite d'utilisation de RAM. Augmentez un peu avec le curseur.

Essayez! Pour moi cela a bien fonctionné. 

Mes excuses pour ne pas avoir répondu rapidement, Wikinger. J'ai fait ce que tu as suggéré et ça a marché! Merci beaucoup.

On 14/12/2017 at 1:21 PM, stokerg said:

@Jeff282 I've just followed the video tutorial without any issues.

Can you try the advice offered by Viking, which is to increase the slider for 'Limit RAM Usage' under Performance section of Preferences and see if that helps.

I regret being unable to reply swiftly, Stokerg. Thank you for your request, which fortunately poked me in the eye as soon as I opened the web page. Yes that worked.