jetstorm

Portrait of a woman (AD)

Welcome to the forum jetstorm.

This is lovely work. I particularly like the subtle shading on the face and collar.

One minor issue that I have is that the light in each eye seems to be coming from a different direction. I don't know if this was deliberate or not but it looks a bit strange to me.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

One minor issue that I have is that the light in each eye seems to be coming from a different direction. I don't know if this was deliberate or not but it looks a bit strange to me.

It looks as though the OP copied and flipped one eye but neglected to flip the pupil and iris back again. A lovely piece, nonetheless!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.9.81 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.3.44 • iOS 12.0.1 (iPad Air 2)

Nice!

BTW interesting forum image preview effect here, the thumb preview looks decent in colors, but when I expand the image (click to full view) it get's overall much more saturated in colors. I wonder why there are differences in those two forum image previews here (thumb vs full image preview), I checked in 3 browsers it's always the same to me here!

Like the thumb shown colorings best here, though I now don't know if these were the original ones given!?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.6.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.6.7 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Thanks a lot for your warmhearted welcome.

Yes, Eyes ! Eyes ! They are not simple copy, their positions, angle, scale, color and shading are different a little bit for their Unbalance.

Unbalance makes something strange, odd, mysterious or special, and it's a trigger of our imagination. It's a very traditional technique of portrait, as you know.

Here is an Invitation Card(CD jacket size) I made three weeks ago with AD.

I used the same technique of shading, noise and unbalance on it.

reine-neige-invitation.jpg

Beyond Imagination, it's Affinity

I've been trying very traditional portrait style of Korea/Japan with AD.

Only 3 or 4 hours work, we can make it ! Amazing, isn't it ?

(OOPS ! After uploaded, colors become darken... LOL)

korean-beauty.jpg

On 12/13/2017 at 11:59 AM, jetstorm said:

Portrait of a woman working at a market in Seoul (AD)

I've been working with AD for two months, and now AD is a necessary tool(almost friend, maybe) in my workflow. I love it !

portrait-femme-kr.jpg

Wow..!! Great Work.

Thank you so much.

I feel , it's quite difficult to optimize pics for internet. These pics are optimized for Instagram, and you can see them with enough quality on Instagram.

Usually I make 1000 x 1000 pxls on PC(original is 3600 x 3600 pxls or bigger, and PSD file becomes 100Mb~) and send it to iPad, then modify a little(very very small value, so, it's almost "save as" again.), and upload onto Instagram. File size is reduced, but, enough quality I have, as preview.

Affinity Designer and Photo require very very delicate control for Skin, Shadow,, etc...,  I cannot find  very best parameter for uploaded pics.

However, however..., here..., File size is reduced, and details are really missing, when I upload 1000 x 1000 pxls pic without modification on iPad.

I really am sorry for very very poor picture quality. Please see them as "Just a Preview".

Original has rich color and quality, and very delicate...(I think...)

(I'm very tired to optimize each pic for various sites. Many stupid tips for uploading pics on SNSs..., I'm not a slave of internet. LOL)

There seems to be some kind of issue/problem/feature with the forum website where the image you see while browsing the thread can be different to the image that you see when you click on it.
This thread https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/52599-bombs-away shows the issue well and owenr gives an explanation later in the thread.
Maybe one of the moderators could pin a message to the top of this forum section explaining what happens so that people are not caught out by it.

Today, I tried to upload other JPG pics(sRGB and others). File size was reduced, and color became darken( décoloré ). The result was same. I think, reduced file size is too small to keep pics quality. Maybe they changed site setting, unfortunately...

On PC, I usually use almost lossless JPG(100% or Max), and never use other poor quality settings. However, on many sites(here, too), pics are automatically reduced, it means, they use poor JPG setting. 

And, voila, my pauvre pictures become décoloré. C’est Tout !

Flare Test 1 (AD)

(As I wrote again and again, it's quite difficult to control shadow in AD. I need more delicate and precise shadow control of AD...)

IMG_0224.jpg