In the first screenshot I show my original file in Affinity Designer. I export this file to "PSD (preserve editability)" format. I open this new PSD file in Affinity Designer and now the blend mode (set to Hard Light) for the layer called "shadow" is not working in the PSD version. I demonstrate this in the short screen capture video. Thanks for your help.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 5.09.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 5.14.42 PM.png

Blend Mode Bug.m4v

image.png.3c3c2ce8f4c4c6dedb635b5849559ab0.png

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the files! After looking at them I can see that the export is not correctly setting the groups as Pass Through layers in the PSD, and instead setting them as 'Normal'. In Photoshop just selecting the folder groups and switching them to Pass Through should correct the image.

I'll get this passed on to development.

Thanks @Sean P! This totally makes sense. So, for now what do you suggest is a work around for getting the PSD properly saved/exported? The bug is there no matter what file format I export it to and it doesn't matter whether I export from AD or AP. Even if I open up the exported PSD and set the group back to Passthrough, it is set back to Normal when I go to Export again. My client needs a PSD file so I am a little stuck. I guess I can pull that layer out from the group but I have 73 other illustrations I need to make so it might hinder how I create some of them but I'll make the best of it :).

image.png.3c3c2ce8f4c4c6dedb635b5849559ab0.png