You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.0.333 for Windows already supports them as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This still seems to be an issue that isn't being addressed.  I cannot open RAF files created with a Fujifilm X-A3 in Affinity Photo.  It opens as a White Bar with static looking garbage data in it. However, my Mac can recognize the File/Data within.  See Attached files.

image.thumb.png.42d69d033c3137f03d4719012d34c16b.png

image.png.fcde6ccc03cb078b7e9f93663c0f0d45.png

• Staff

Hi OznatsocA, Dennis585, Kaytal,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Currently our RAW engine (Serif Labs) doesn't support this camera/model, but if you are using a Mac you can switch to the Apple (Core Image RAW) engine which does support it. With the RAW image opened in Develop Persona, go to menu View ▸ Assistant Manager... and change the first dropdown (RAW engine) to Apple (Core Image RAW). Close the RAW file and open it again. It should now display correctly. Windows users will have to wait until we add support for this camera on our own engine (probably with 1.7 update).

• 9 months later...

Windows User here. Can't believe that this still isn't fixed. I really love this software but it seems that major problems are not solved. If problems like these are brought up here, there is always an excuse like "You need more time to develop" or "This problem is fixed in the next update". I mean, I understand that you maybe have a small team and I know that development takes it's time. But if you want to compete to the big players, you need to go for exactly the things, your users are asking for. The things that lay around for months and nobody cares about (like it seems; and I don'tonly speak about Fuji RAW integration). For the first month I got my Fuji cam, I needed to stick with Adobe because nobody supported these files. And I really don't like this company. Now... month later, I found out about another company that actually adresses a lot of usability problems, a lot of people had with Adobe and guess what, they are actually a dangerous competitor for the big ones now. You could do this too. If you have a quality management, you should adress these things. Sorry about the complaints, please understand these as recommondations.