You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Erase Brush Tool

I have the latest Windows Affinity update installed. When I use the Erase Brush Tool, a small "worm" appears. It's useful for some things but it can be a nascence. I find it annoying when I use it to erase small things. It gets in the way. Can this thing be removed for certain jobs? It dose not show on the background erase tool. Should it be there?

Thank you

worm.jpg

Look on the tool bar. It says "Rope Stabilizer" Change that to no stabilizer and that thing will go away.

Whenne you have a chance, add it again and play with the settings. It is more useful for brushes but it will help guide you to making smoother strokes

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Thank you but the tool can get in the way. I have fooled around with it and I do see it as a good thing. I like Affinity for IPad and I would like to learn it. I did get it for my IPad but it's hard to use as everything is too small. It is perfect for IPad 10". I need to learn more about Affinity for Windows before I (if) can work on it enough to be comfortable working with it. It would be perfect for working with it on my lap. I need to better correlate better between my Window computer and Apple. All of my photo are on my Window computer.   

Maurice Tremblay

23 minutes ago, MTfrog said:

Thank you but the tool can get in the way. I have fooled around with it and I do see it as a good thing.

I don't either but I can conceive of instances where it would help. I just don't use it myself

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

I got the Affinity book for Windows. Their is a lot of information in it. It tells me about a lot of tools that I had no idea what they were about. There is so much that can be done with Affinity if you have a good imagination and are creative.  At my age, Affinity can do more then I'll ever need. It dose meet my needs and I have gone beyond what I have been doing. Hopefully, with this book, It help me beyond what I do now. This book is a great learning tool. Now I would love to master Affinity fore IPad. But, the small IPad is too small. I do have Affinity for IPad but I have difficulty using it. If I had the 10 inch IPad, maybe I could master it. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.