You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Commit? in Win 7 or 10 no button etc

Hi, I'm having another go with Affinity; seems much faster with my Canon RAW this time round and closing on PS for speed.

But same problem again  ... load a RAW file, tweak, have to commit before moving anywhere else.....

.... no save options , plenty of advice for Apple users, but nothing I can find for Win.

Searches , Tutorials not helpful. Hovered every button / menu on screen, no sign of Apply / Commit etc. Help please someone!

Hi tomborg

You have to develop the image in the develop persona first then move into the Photo persona to save/export which you should be able to do with the Develop or cancel buttons on the context toolbar. We don't have a save image option that is available directly in the develop persona a la camera Raw does, but this is intentional as the majority of adjustments and editing are meant to be made in the more comprehensive Photo persona. This is an intended behaviour. If this UI is missing completely it may be a case of needing to show the context toolbar, or it may be something we need to look into if you can provide a screenshot of what you are seeing

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Bonjour. 

Cette boîte apparaît, si vous cliquez sur le bouton " Annuler " à côté de Dévelloppper.

Vous avez deux choix.

1) Cliquez sur OK l'image se ferme.

2)  cliquez sur la boîte à la ferme et vous devez développer.

Si vous développez l'image sans aucune correction, celle ci apparaît dans la photo persona, sans correction. (Ce qui n'a que peu d'intérêt).

Les outis à gauche n'ont aucune influence sur le processus. 

Cordialement.

10 hours ago, Tomborg said:

... attached screenshot, whatever I try is blocked by that panel; you can just about  see the view is in Move mode, though the hand reverts to pointer when the panel shows.

I don't know what you mean about whatever you try being blocked, but as @Chris_K said (& the popup notice shows) you must develop the RAW image in the Develop Persona before you can do anything in any other persona, including saving the developed image. There is no provision to save a sidecar file with the develop options so you must develop the image to save it. However, this does not touch the RAW file.

The pointer changes when the popup notice is visible so you can click on the OK or Cancel button to dismiss the notice.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

It would be nice if there were actually a "Develop" button in the notice dialog. Context toolbar is not always visible and it is indeed possible to lose it totally and get it back only by reset. I was at a loss when I first time tried to develop and there were nowhere "Develop" button that the software insisted I should apply.