You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Workbook Delivery

I ordered the Affinity Photo Workbook on November 26th, to be delivered to a US address. Your site claims a 5-7 business day delivery window. As of the writing of this comment its been more than two weeks and no delivery. Also, I have gotten no notifications related to delivery. It would be great if you could give us a shipping tracking number, or if the product isn't even out yet, some kind of indication of where in the fulfillment process the order is in.

I also have written multiple emails to affinityorders[at]serif[dot]com, but I haven't received any kind of reply. Not even a canned "we'll get back to you" email.

I have read other forums posts that indicate that you have had fulfillment issues with the book. That's unfortunate, but understandable. However please try to be more transparent about the problems with your customers. If you have orders that are late, it would be very helpful to receive an email indicating there are issues, and some kind of new timeline when we can expect delivery. Also, it would be wonderful if I could get a reply when placing an inquiry.

Is there any way I can get an update on my order? 

• Staff

Hi saotome,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I'm sorry for the delay and lack of communication/reply from our part. As you already noted, we have been struggling to fulfil all initial orders due to high demand/success of the book and have since then  trying to dispatch/send the books as fast as possible however this wasn't yet enough to deliver all orders in time for which we apologise. I believe we haven't sent an e-mail yet - despite the delay - because we have kept dispatching the books at a reasonable/regular rate and hoped to catch up with the orders quickly. We may eventually do it if there's further delays or issues. If you PM me your name and order number i will try to check this for you.

Thank you for your support and patience.

• 3 years later...

I see an automatic answer from Serif support that states "we know we are late, allow two extra week for shipment". I find this behavior really unfair. They should have told me that they were late at the moment of the order (surely they knew).

Serif is late shipping the books  but they seem very quick taking money from my credit card.

I believe myself as a supporter of Serif but this is not a nice commercial practice.

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9

43 minutes ago, Gianni Becattini said:

Serif is late shipping the books  but they seem very quick taking money from my credit card.

I believe myself as a supporter of Serif but this is not a nice commercial practice.

Late shipping is not isolated to Serif!  Here in the USA simple Christmas cards I mailed a distance of 650 miles this year took 19 days instead of 2.  Package deliveries promised as “overnight” can still take 4 days even after the Christmas season.  A large office item I ordered from a major corporation (for which I was billed immediately and charged to my credit card) was promised as “overnight” delivery.  The item not only took 11 days, but was first delivered to a complete stranger on the other side of the country (3,000 miles away).  I was promised “free shipping” and then was charged shipping for the replacement.  This international virus-thing has caused problems left and right for everybody.  The workbooks are excellent, and when they do arrive I hope you will enjoy using them as much as I have enjoyed mine.  In the meantime, we can only try to be forgiving for so much that isn’t proceeding as smoothly as in other times before this virus.😷🙂

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

OK, but 3 or 4 weeks are however really too much.

My suggestions:

• tell honestly in advance the delivery time when the user place the order;
  • as Apple itself does, charge the credit card only when you ship, not immediately

But perhaps you did not need my suggestions. It is a point of fairness. You have or do not have it, disregard the virus.

I sincerely hoped in a Company not so similar to Adobe...

17 hours ago, Gianni Becattini said:

OK, but 3 or 4 weeks are however really too much.

My suggestions:

• tell honestly in advance the delivery time when the user place the order;
  • as Apple itself does, charge the credit card only when you ship, not immediately

But perhaps you did not need my suggestions. It is a point of fairness. You have or do not have it, disregard the virus.

I sincerely hoped in a Company not so similar to Adobe...

I am afraid that you have misinterpreted my comment to mean that I am a member of the Serif/Affinity company family.  I admire them very much but am simply an extremely happy customer.  Just as I am a very happy customer for all things Apple.  Recently I purchased a new Macbook and iPad and had to wait for a few weeks longer than originally stated -- not only for deliveries but for the iPad turn-in rebate on my credit card.  Covid is affecting everybody.  I wish you and your company well in these very difficult times for us all.  🙂

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Thanks for your comment, I would not to be unkind.

I am the managing director of a technology company and, yes, I know even too well the problems of today. But in our Company we try to demonstrate what I hope is some respect toward our Customers, informing them BEFORE and asking the money AFTER. Serif is doing the opposite...

My hopes are for a company that is not so customer-indifferent like Adobe. One is enough... :)

It is not a big problem for me, I can live without the books.