matisso

Odd clipping path behaviour that also is masked

Hey guys,

I don't really know how I should look for that (basic search didn't come up with anything), so if that's been already reported elsewhere – sorry! Having that out of the way, let's begin.

There's an odd stuff going on in Designer when moving a clipping object which also has a mask and Lock Children ticked. Please see the attached video. Basically, when I move the parent clipping path, the objects that are clipped and are supposed to stay in place (because Lock Children setting), hop around and pop into some random places. Also, when undone, the parent object comes back to place but its contents often doesn't. When I repeatedly Redo / Undo it goes back to place eventually, as the end of my clip also shows.

The said mask is disabled on my clip but I tested it with the mask back on and exactly the same thing happens. I also tried rasterising the clipped image, changing its blending mode back to Normal, but neither helps. Only removing the mask “fixes” it.

Cheers,

Matt

W-stack.png

Affinity-mess.mp4

The flickering it does made me think of display issues. But the contents of the clipping path actually do get moved around, when you inspect them. Go figure…

Hi matisso,

Thanks for the file. I've been able to replicate this from scratch. As you said, seems something goes wrong as soon as you nest an image (pixel or image layer) to the shape layer with a few items clipped inside and enable Lock children. I've logged this to be looked at.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

As you said, seems something goes wrong as soon as you nest an image (pixel or image layer) to the shape layer with a few items clipped inside and enable Lock children.

The first image in the stack isn't just nested. It's a parent's object mask, to be precise. If I remove it – and there's still another image clipped inside the parent object – all works as expected.

For the record, I have also found a workaround for it – if you select the parent object and then use the node tool to select all nodes, you can move the parent object and the problem doesn't occur.

Cheers,

Matt