cedricm

Problem opening TIFF CMYK images

When trying to open a CMYK TIFF image created with Capture One 10.2 in Affinity Photo 1.6.1.93, I am incorrectly shown the HDR converter and a horrible image.

I have downloaded and checked with Photoshop: the files do open correctly with Photoshop.

I have also checked with 8 bit and 16 bit exports from Capture One, and both do not open correctly in Affinity, but do open correctly in Photoshop.

You will see on the left of the attached file that affinity recognize the photo as RGBA/32 where Photoshop correctly identifies it as a CMJN/8=CMYK/8 image.

Not sure that it matters, but the embedded icc profile is from Blurb: http://www.blurb.co.uk/color-management

Can you please fix this bug?

Affinity-Bug.jpg

Hi cedricm

what is actually happening here is that for some reason Affinity is reading the Tiff as a RAW file. In your screenshot, the file is opened in the develop persona which always works in 32 bit colour for greater accuracy. there must be something in the Tiff header we are not handling correctly

can you attach the tiff file so we can take a look into why it is opening as a raw file and not a cmyk tiff

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com