You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Program crashes on startup

As soon as I try to start the new Beta, it starts up the splash screen, and then shuts down. The only way I can start it is to remove the Beta, and then reload it. The program will then start up normally for a few times, but then will shut down again. The released version works fine.

Gary

On 12/7/2017 at 1:41 PM, gsewell said:

As soon as I try to start the new Beta, it starts up the splash screen, and then shuts down. The only way I can start it is to remove the Beta, and then reload it. The program will then start up normally for a few times, but then will shut down again. The released version works fine.

Gary

Follow the instructions here Crash_Log_Instructions__iOS.pdf to collect your crash log. To get the console log on your computer, capture a sysdiagnose imeditly after the bug occurs using the instructions here [sysdiagnose] and when the sysdiagnose is done capturing extract the sysdiagnose "these's instructions explain where and how to get the sysdiagnose", when the extraction is done there should be a file inside the new folder called "system_logs.logarchive", get that file and send the Staff a Private message with the log file uploaded into the message and send it to the staff.

If you cannot access any of the links above go to this page and search for sysdiagnose. https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=Sys

4 hours ago, A_B_C said:

Wouldn’t the developers get the crash logs anyway? I was under the impression that Test Flight is sharing crash logs and usage data? :/

An sysdiagnose  contains the crash log in a very detailed log of what happens right before and after the crash, this may make it easier for the developers to find the bug.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.