You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Buying Affinity Photo without iPad

• Staff

Hi kterry333,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you using a Mac or PC? Previously we could use iTunes on a Mac (and i believe PC) to buy iOS applications, however Apple removed the apps section from iTunes in a recent update so this is not possible through iTunes anymore (at least on a Mac - still have to install it on a PC to confirm this). I believe there's no other way to acquire apps now other than through an iOS device.

53 minutes ago, MEB said:

Are you using a Mac or PC? Previously we could use iTunes on a Mac (and i believe PC) to buy iOS applications, however Apple removed the apps section from iTunes in a recent update so this is not possible through iTunes anymore (at least on a Mac - still have to install it on a PC to confirm this). I believe there's no other way to acquire apps now other than through an iOS device.

I can confirm that it's no longer possible to buy iOS apps through iTunes on a Windows PC. If I click on the 'Buy now' link on the iPad page it takes me to an iTunes Preview page which states, "This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices."

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Any friends nearby with an iPad. Sign in with your store I’d on their device and it will be available to you when you get your new device.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

4 hours ago, DM1 said:

Any friends nearby with an iPad. Sign in with your store I’d on their device and it will be available to you when you get your new device.

Unfortunately I don’t know anyone with a supported iPad so I don’t think it’ll even let them purchase without a compatible iPad. 

14 hours ago, kterry333 said:

i dropped my ipad air 2 last week and busted the screen so I can't pickup Affinity Photo on the iPad while its on sale. Does anyone know of another way to buy ipad apps? Maybe through itunes on my computer?

Have you tried to download an older version of iTunes that allowed to purchase iOS apps on a mac?  https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

Rob

16 hours ago, rgcn said:

Have you tried to download an older version of iTunes that allowed to purchase iOS apps on a mac?  https://support.apple.com/downloads/itunes

Rob

That is what i am trying to do now but having some issues uninstalling iTunes. Gonna keep pecking away at it though and hope for some progress.

I used terminal to remove itunes and when i try to use the installer for 12.6 it still says a newer version is installed.

EDIT: I see now the terminal delete didnt work bc it says operation not permitted. So now im really stuck lol.

EDIT2: So I gave up on my mac and put itunes on a work computer, shhh dont tell. Ive got iTunes 12.4.3 for windows installed and it says AP is only availible on the ios app store.

EDIT3: Sorry for all the edits but I am hoping this may help others in the future if they run into the same problems lol. Got iTunes 12.1 installed and it let me get all the way to updating my billing info then it crashes when i try to add my CC pin. Going to try a complete uninstall, reboot, and reinstall and see if maybe some old files may have been leftover from the newer versions and were causing issues.

EDIT4: Alright, I give up. After a reinstall it still crashes.My best guess is that version of itunes is imcompatible with windows 10 or something.

EDIT5: Okay, last one for real. I grabbed another computer using vista and got itunes working and was able to buy it at the discounted price.

Thanks for everyone's help!