You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disable FX?

Maybe I'm missing something, but when fx are disabled for a layer, the icon disappears, which makes it difficult to go back later to enable it.  It seems like sometimes the settings are still there, but how to know which layers had effects on them?

It would be helpful to to use a UI like you have for adjustments and filters.

Thanks.

There are 10 effects in the effects panel.  Not to be insulting, but that is not an option in a file with any complexity.

I don't do as much design as I used to, but for me, it is a very basic technique in UI design to add borders, shadows and bevels in the editing app, turn them off when exporting textures, buttons, images, and other elements, then implement the effects in the presentation program, which these days is exclusively HTML/CSS.

I think this was requested previously

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Another workaround is to create separate layers when possible.  For example - shadows.  Then the layers can be turned off but the settings retained.

There are a few basic UI implementations in AD/AP that, IMO, are quite disruptive of fluid graphics production workflow.  This is one of them.