pferdeschloss

Toolbar empty. Tools disappeared. Affinity photo

Hello community!

My toolbar (left side of the screen) has no tools. I tried all resets, described in other posts here; reinstalled etc.  No result.

I run affinity photo on a macbook pro under OSX 10.11.5.

Screenshots here attached.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

P.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-07 um 08.33.57.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-07 um 08.41.41.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-07 um 08.42.08.png

Hey pferdeschloss,

Did you try doing a ctrl reset? Close the app, hold down ctrl and launch the app again. When prompted, click Clear and see if they are back. I know you said you've done a reset but I wasn't sure if you'd done that one.

I've also seen people change their Font UI Size in Preferences > UI. In a few extreme cases, users have removed their plugins but I would avoid that if you can. I'm not entirely sure why this has happened to you.

Hi pferdeschloss,

In addition to what Chris has said could you try going Ansicht > Werkzeuge anpassen... and then customizing the toolbar to see if they pop in. Does clicking the Reset button on that dialog help?

Hi Chris and Sean P!

Many thanks for your posts!

Yes, Chris, i ctrl resetted and did no change for the ui standard font size. 

And yes, Sean, as you see on the screen shots, i tried, but all the tools are not there too, to be chosen.

All empty. 

I made the same installation on a powermac . All perfect.

Just the macbook pro (my real working machine) got this problem – don't know when. 

The first two weeks it ran perfect. Then; without any cause or action: tools away....

Maybe anybody out there with the same error?

P.

Ah crumbs! That's disappointing.

Can you quickly try entering Separated Mode? Window > Separated Mode. Are any additional displays connected to the MacBook Pro at all? I'm not sure if this could be an El Capitan specific issue. I'll go and fire one Mac up with El Capitan on it and see if I can break it.

I'm sorry! Same same when screens are separated. Or solo macbook without 2nd screen. same as modular mode.

It seams that all tools do not exist. Neither in the toolbar, nor for adding or organizing them.

A hammer without head.

:-(

P.

Hey pferdeschloss,

The beta should be fine to work with but in general, we normally do not recommend it because we aren't always sure if there may be a regression that could affect your projects. If you are vigilant and make copies of your work you should be ok. I'd just like to try something first though:

1. Go to Library > Containers > com.seriflabs.affinityphoto 
  2. Rename the above folder (just put OLD at the end)
  3. Relaunch the app and see if the Tools are there
  4. If they aren't there, can you send me the folder you renamed?

Magic !

you saved my day/week!

I renamed into "com.seriflabs.affinityphoto_OLD".

Started the app again: Tadaaahhh: Tools are there.

All of them.

Many thanks, Chris and team of serif labs!

Problems solved.

R.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-07 um 15.59.56.png

Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-07 um 16.00.51.png

Huzza! Thanks for letting me know :) Sorry for the trouble. I just wish I knew what happened. Do you still have the old folder? We might be able to find out what went wrong so we can prevent it in the future. 

Hello !

just to keet you informed:

after all Tools have been back again, i wanted to Link all my photoshop Plugins ; and baam: Toolbar empty again.

I made the Same steps, Chris told me, and the tools appeared again.

the bug Must be the Import of 3rd party Plugins...

@Chris B

On 08/12/2017 at 8:01 PM, pferdeschloss said:

the bug Must be the Import of 3rd party Plugins...

I have seen another post where this seemed to be the cause... Any idea which plugin it may be? Or could you give me a list of the ones you installed so I can try and reproduce it?

I just had the exact same issue.  It's a problem with 3rd party photoshop plug ins for sure.  I removed all of my plug ins and restarted and boom, tools back in place.  I can reproduce the issue every time.  For me any way.  Hope this helps someone out there.

Graham

--------------------------------------------------------

A man's worth is judged by the size of his pixels!

37 minutes ago, Doawah said:

I just had the exact same issue.  It's a problem with 3rd party photoshop plug ins for sure.  I removed all of my plug ins and restarted and boom, tools back in place.  I can reproduce the issue every time.  For me any way.  Hope this helps someone out there.

Graham

Do you have any of those plugins listed in the above post? 

Yes.  Am happy too.  Here's my list of Plug-ins I use.

Filter Forge 4.0

Magic Bullet Photolooks

On One 10 Suite

Nik Software

I tried to add these one at a time to see if it was a certain plug-in causing the issue but they all cause it so I don't think it is directly related to the plug-in but rather how affinity handles them all.  Just a guess.

Graham.

--------------------------------------------------------

A man's worth is judged by the size of his pixels!

Hi Doawah, pferdeschloss,

Do you mind posting a screenshot of the Preferences, Photoshop Plugins section here so we can see how you have set them up? Not sure if it makes any difference but maybe it's worth a try. Thanks.

I've plenty of plugins installed from demos to full versions and never experienced this.

Hello,

Having had this problem twice before & moving to Beta programs each time I've just renamed the file as suggested with OLD at the end and discovered the toolbox.

The plugins that I have are Nik.

Regards,

Julius