Reneraw

Lens correction onb Sony files not working?

5 posts in this topic

Hi

I can open AWR files in Afiinity which are opened in the develop persona. The lens I use ia mentioned but there is no difference between lens correction on and off.

The PDF does not show the same distortion as the AWR. I use a A7 in PAS-C mode and the lens is a 18-105 from SOny. Not a full frame lens therefore i use the APS mode.

I attached some screen dumps and a pdf.

Does anyone have a suggestion what I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance

Rene

SONY AWR , LENS CORR off.png

SONY AWR , LENS CORR ON.png

_DSC0085.JPG

Hi Rene

It seems that lens is on our supported list.I shall take it you closed and re-opened the image between changing the lens correction options?  Can you upload a raw file using this link so we can take a look into why this might not be being applied 

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks Chris for your reply. I am  currently at my work, as soon as I am at home I will transfer the file. Yes I did close and reopen the image after toggling lens correction.

Thanks again René

Hi Chris

I just uploaded the AWR. I did also two additional checks;

a  I had the A7 on uncompressed AWR so I compared two photo's , one uncompressed the other compressed. There was distortion wise no difference.

b  I noticed that in assistant manager that the adobe depth was 16 bit and the photo has 32 bit, I corrected this but this gave no difference in distortion.

Hopefully you can make sense of this, thank you for trying.

Kind regards

Rene

Hi CHris

I just uploaded a screen dump which shows the AWR file without the distortion. Not to be awkward but to show that the file seems to be OK.