You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I really want to buy this program and get rid of Adobe, who I think has gone down hill specially with features such as exporting for app designers (@1 @2 @3). Anyway, I still do some print work and saw that Pantone colors are on the roadmap which is good but how can I work around this now so I can start using it fully? Is there a date when this is planned on getting added? Or a good way to import? Right now it defaults my pantone colors to white. Thanks. Good job. 

• Staff

Hello packytagliaferro,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no workaround until we add support for Pantone colors in the program. 

I can't give you a date because there's also more features being worked on and there's always changes/delays during development, but we will get there.

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Dutch1

The .AI files must contain a PDF stream (check Create PDF compatible file in the export options) otherwise we can't import them (nor any other software other than Adobe apps).

Regarding PDF import, can you provide us some sample files so we can check what's going wrong?

Thanks.

Hi MEB,

I think I found the reason. Most of my PDF files (generated from Adobe Illustrator) are in spot (pantone) colors. I was able to open up a CMYK PDF. Please advise me when your software supports Pantone colors or even when it can open spot color PDFs.  Thank you.