You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to remove the Orange tinge

i came to this, used the color replacement brush tool for the orange glow and the clonebrush on the edges.

added a brown fill layer at 19% opacity.

dog2.thumb.jpg.d0ab8d4ffe015f0ba54b5df90ca443c6.jpg

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Such NEF RAW images are from start up best developed in the much more powerful Lab (CIELAB or L*a*b) system mode, which allows a clean separation of brightness and color information in it's system. It's often not just only faster, but also much more accurate than RGB editing, and some things only become good possible in the Lab mode, like fixing such issues here. - One of the free RAW processor which has good support for this is for example RAW Therapee.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

9 hours ago, dutchshader said:

i came to this, used the color replacement brush tool for the orange glow and the clonebrush on the edges.

added a brown fill layer at 19% opacity.

dog2.thumb.jpg.d0ab8d4ffe015f0ba54b5df90ca443c6.jpg

Sorry.I am not getting it.Can you please explain the steps or point to me a tutorial

I did see this https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/44357-how-to-remove-green-color-cast-from-hair-etc/

How ever the two methods seem to be different & i am not getting it

4 hours ago, v_kyr said:

Such NEF RAW images are from start up best developed in the much more powerful Lab (CIELAB or L*a*b) system mode, which allows a clean separation of brightness and color information in it's system. It's often not just only faster, but also much more accurate than RGB editing, and some things only become good possible in the Lab mode, like fixing such issues here. - One of the free RAW processor which has good support for this is for example RAW Therapee.

I have downloaded & installed the application & played around with it

How ever how does one actually remove the orange glow.Are any tutorial to learn (apart from the basic tutorial )