You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do i achieve this look? 3rd party filters?

Hi all.

Ive been slaving away for a year now starting a new home decor online business. All products are here now and the photo stage is looming. 

Ive taken photo courses and know the very basics but im unsure how to achieve the desired look with the finished photos.

Attached are 3 photos. Now theres definitely some kind of filter on them. Its hard to describe but i guess a kind of mild washed out look? Do you see what i mean? This is the look i want to achieve.

My questions are....

1) How can i achieve this look?

2) Are there any 3rd party filter plug-ins that you can recommend that may do the job?

Finally as a side note, regarding the ladder photo, how can i achieve the look of the wall behind the ladder? Its very rustic with washed out blue colour. Its exactly what im after but are there any tips to recreate this look myself?

Hope this post gets through, many thanks all in advance, i really want to nail this next step!

Steve

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 20.11.16.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 20.11.57.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 20.12.36.png

I'll answer your last question. In order to get that nice blue texture on the wall (or any background, for that matter) you should create a Layer Mask to hide the original wall, and then substitute a Texture as a separate (second) layer. It's not as easy as all that, but here's a rough go-around. The top layer is your 3rd picture, masked to hide the wall; the bottom layer is a Texture file provided by Affinity recently (but any texture file will work). The key to all this is making a good selection so that the mask works out well.

5a27271377f44_CouchwithMaskedWall.thumb.jpg.30d91f1fafda38b949681acbce31ca88.jpg

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Hi thank you very much for your reply! 

So the main questions i wanted answering was Q 1&2, how do i achieve the filter look on the whole picture (not the wall)

The wall question i was asking is, are there any tips or company you can recommend so i can actually make or buy the backdrop? It will be far easier to do that (and look better) than to actually layer a new wall in photo...

Thanks in advance