You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NIK plugins and others ( plus some praise)

I noticed you could link to photoshop plugins while testing the app today. yes the app crashes a bit, it's  beta but I was surprised that it actually opened the plugins and with the exception of HDR pro was able to use them. Opening them, I got a message saying I needed to buy the plugins... obviously I already had but was able to use them in demo mode. I tried t reinstall them to see if Affinity photo came up on the compatible software list, which it didn't. If Nik plugins were supported right out of the gate, I would pretty much be able to dump photoshop almost immediately after the release. It seems so far you have most of wha ti need already in the software or planned to go in. I do extensive retouching for TV documentaries (American Experience and others) and it looks just about up to the task of that level of work. 

So I would like to know if NIK plugins will be supported but also if you plan more drawing tools, like pens and pressure sensitive brushes. I tend to draw on the computer and use a tablet these days more and more. 

thank you and I am surprised how excited i am about this and the up-coming page layout app you are planning. With your apps and a few others I would be happily away from the Adobe products I have had to use except After Effects which no one has yet yo come close to producing a reasonable alternative. 

• Staff

Thanks for this - it's very much appreciated :)  I'm sure we'll work as hard as possible to make sure that all major plugins work as smoothly as possible prior to release. Also, we have great support for tablets and pressure sensitivity (we even support barrel rotation if your pen has it) but it wasn't enabled in the default brush - which was a very silly mistake on our part, sorry... It requires you to either select a brush like one from the DAUB categories that Paolo (the creator) has already enabled pressure for, or simply to go to the brush editor and drag the 'size variance' slider to any value above 0% so that the size is allowed to vary with pressure/velocity/random/etc. We've now updated the default brush to support pressure, so when the update is released on Monday you won't have to do that step and hopefully things will make more sense! :)

Again, please accept my apologies for that error,

Matt

I noticed you could link to photoshop plugins while testing the app today. yes the app crashes a bit, it's  beta but I was surprised that it actually opened the plugins and with the exception of HDR pro was able to use them. Opening them, I got a message saying I needed to buy the plugins... obviously I already had but was able to use them in demo mode. I tried t reinstall them to see if Affinity photo came up on the compatible software list, which it didn't. If Nik plugins were supported right out of the gate, I would pretty much be able to dump photoshop almost immediately after the release. It seems so far you have most of wha ti need already in the software or planned to go in. I do extensive retouching for TV documentaries (American Experience and others) and it looks just about up to the task of that level of work. 

So I would like to know if NIK plugins will be supported but also if you plan more drawing tools, like pens and pressure sensitive brushes. I tend to draw on the computer and use a tablet these days more and more. 

thank you and I am surprised how excited i am about this and the up-coming page layout app you are planning. With your apps and a few others I would be happily away from the Adobe products I have had to use except After Effects which no one has yet yo come close to producing a reasonable alternative. 

Please also support Macphun Plugins

I just started playing around with Photo today. I loaded an image and used NIK without issue. Verison 1.1.2.22614 of Photo. Don't know what version of NIK, but I think it keeps itself updated automatically.

Edit:

After some more playing around, I see that only Color Effects Pro 4 in the NIK collection works. The other modules return the error about not being able to create another layer. I used the Command-J keystroke to create a duplicate layer myself, but the NIK modules (other than CEP 4) still return the error.

MacPun and OnOne don't work

I tried multiple ways to get the OnOne Perfect Suite 9 plugins to work but no luck. Thought maybe I wasn't follow the guide correctly to active the plugins in Photo Beta, so I downloaded a Topaz plugin and installed it. Followed the instructions and it activated in Photo Beta just fine, so it appears it isn't me.

Thanks to Affinity/Serif for your hard work in making Photo Beta available for us to try out. Appreciate how the team is active on these forums and I continue to learn from them and the other forum members.

Regards,

Bob

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.