Hello everybody, 

I am trying to apply a perspective layer on a "laptop png" in order to change the screen image of this laptop.

Unfortunately once the grid of the perspective filter is appearing on my screen. The new selected image (=the new laptop backrground) I want to apply the perspective filter to, doesn´t follow the grid. (See attached pictures).

Has anyone an idea why it´s not working?

Cheers

Perspective filter issue.pdf

maybe help the viedeo by James Ritson will.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.3.476 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.3.476:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)

HI Sr. Picasso,

Could you provide a copy of the .afphoto you're working with file so I can take a look at this? I am unable to replicate the issue here. 

I can replicate it quite easily when using the Perspective filter from the New Live Filter Layer menu

But it works as expected when using Filters > Distort > Perspective

(Windows 8.0, AP current release and the latest beta)

perspective.jpg

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

49 minutes ago, JFisher said:

HI Sr. Picasso,

Could you provide a copy of the .afphoto you're working with file so I can take a look at this? I am unable to replicate the issue here. 

Hey JFisher,

sure, here you are (see attached file).

36 minutes ago, carl123 said:

I can replicate it quite easily when using the Perspective filter from the New Live Filter Layer menu

perspective.jpg

--> Ok Carl 123, I´ll try this way. Thanks for the tip!

Macbook-Pro + panorama.afphoto

46 minutes ago, carl123 said:

perspective.jpg

...I just tried it out, and I actually, I have the same problem when using Filters > Distort > Perspective :-( ....

(latest release under windows 10)

Bild3.png

@Sr. Picasso

I cant get your file to go wrong, just move the Perspective filter below your masking layer and it seems to work ok

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Hello Sr. Picasso

I tried to add the picture in perspective
I think you should drawing the perspective in the monitor.
and make as James Ritson shows in his video
surely some users will make it better, maybe it will nevertheless helping

Best Regards
Gnobelix

Perspektive.PNG

Macbook-Pro + panorama-1-1.png

Macbook-Pro + panorama-1.afphoto

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 :   Affinity Photo-Beta  1.7.3.476 :    Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471:  Affinity Designer-Beta 1.7.3.476:

Affinity Publisher-Beta 1.7.3.475:   Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471:    Windows 10 Pro  (Version  1903 Build 18362.295)

I've also just tried the OP's problem and found three different bugs with the perspective live adjustment filter.

1) When moving the perspective grid handles, the images doesn't move with the grid properly (what the OP originally reported).  If you delete the Perspective Filter live adjustment layer and add it again, it starts working correctly.  The Perspective Tool in the left-hand tool bar seems to work OK too, but is obviously destructive.

2) When moving the perspective grid corner handles around, Affinity Photo crashes.  When it crashes, the whole program disappears without warning and you end up back at the Windows desktop.  There are no crash reports in the Affinity CrashReports folder, neither does it register in Windows Event Viewer as an application error when this happens. After repeating it about 5-10 times, Affinity Photo did finally crash properly and these crash report details were recorded in the Windows Event Viewer application logs:

Faulting application name: Photo.exe, version: 1.6.2.97, time stamp: 0x5a215885
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.16299.98, time stamp: 0x70f70cc4
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006b70e
Faulting process ID: 0x11f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36ea1a93625e7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Photo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

3) It can give glitchy drawing errors.  I.E. Sometimes it draws the image you're applying the perspective filter to multiple times on top of itself when you move around.  The 'Preserve Alpha' setting also generates a black box behind the image and glitches when drawing with the paint brush or even just on mouse over. These glitches get exported in the final image as well, so it's not just on-screen that they are visible.

The below video shows bugs 1 and 2.  The end of this video doesn't stop because I stopped recording, it stops when Affinity Photo suddenly crashes:
Bug 1 & 2.mp4 (file no longer available)

The below video shows bug 3:
Bug 3.mp4 (file no longer available)

40 minutes ago, Sima said:

I've also just tried the OP's problem and found three different bugs with the perspective live adjustment filter.

1) When moving the perspective grid handles, the images doesn't move with the grid properly (what the OP originally reported).  If you delete the Perspective Filter live adjustment layer and add it again, it starts working correctly.  The Perspective Tool in the left-hand tool bar seems to work OK too, but is obviously destructive.

2) When moving the perspective grid corner handles around, Affinity Photo crashes.  When it crashes, the whole program disappears without warning and you end up back at the Windows desktop.  There are no crash reports in the Affinity CrashReports folder, neither does it register in Windows Event Viewer as an application error when this happens. After repeating it about 5-10 times, Affinity Photo did finally crash properly and these crash report details were recorded in the Windows Event Viewer application logs:

Faulting application name: Photo.exe, version: 1.6.2.97, time stamp: 0x5a215885
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.16299.98, time stamp: 0x70f70cc4
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006b70e
Faulting process ID: 0x11f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d36ea1a93625e7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\Photo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll

3) It can give glitchy drawing errors.  I.E. Sometimes it draws the image you're applying the perspective filter to multiple times on top of itself when you move around.  The 'Preserve Alpha' setting also generates a black box behind the image and glitches when drawing with the paint brush or even just on mouse over. These glitches get exported in the final image as well, so it's not just on-screen that they are visible.

The below video shows bugs 1 and 2.  The end of this video doesn't stop because I stopped recording, it stops when Affinity Photo suddenly crashes:
Bug 1 & 2.mp4

The below video shows bug 3:
Bug 3.mp4

Dear Sima, 

Thank you a lot for your exhaustive post!

You seem to have exactly the same errors / bugs, than I do!

Hopefully Affinity will handle this bug soon!...

Best regards