You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

For some reason, starting about a week or two ago, Affinity Photo now imports my raw files with a dull pale greenish tint.  If I import the same photo in Photoshop CS17, it looks fine.  I have color management turned on in both programs, converting Sony RAW from Adobe RGB (98) to ProPhoto.  I am in Windows 10.  Where do I start?  I don't think Win 10 is color managing.

• 7 months later...

Was there ever a solution for this? I'm having the same thing from the sounds of it. Strangely only affects raw files in the desktop app - when I open in the iPad version of photo the colours appear as they should. To be clear, when I'm opening a raw file in the desktop version of photo it puts a green colour cast over the whole image which does not appear in any other raw processor I use (Lightroom, DXO or Photo for iPad).

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

@M1GarandUSA not sure if this helps you, but I did some more investigating into this and I've found a solution to my problem with some dng / raw files. I noticed on the problem files when I zoomed in that there was a weird mosaic pattern which led me to look at post regarding demosaicing of raw files in AF. I've found out since that when you're in the develop module you can change the raw processor from Serif's to Apple's processing engine. You'll need to reopen the raw file with that setting changed as it doesn't apply it on the fly but as soon as I did that my files opened as expected.

I guess during the dng conversion for some of my files something happened that AF can't read in their engine but switching it fixed the problem. Hope that helps!