You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.3.96

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Affinity Designer was purchased.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• [Partial] Fixed failure to close down due to incremented load count from (failed) abandoned documents (still needs 1 further fix for corrupt abandoned files)
  • Fixed Text Styles panel to show the document defaults when no text is selected 
  • Changed Layers panel to add more distinction between clipped and nested layers 
  • Fixed document DPI showing a decimal place in some situations
  • Fixed reset of user workspace when new panels have been added
  • Fixed newly created Text Styles being applied twice to a text frame on creation
  • Fixed vector export (including PDF) taking a long time due to large clip areas
  • Fixed Fit/Shrink to printable does not fit to printer margins 
  • Fixed 2nd Print has a zero size document in printer dialog 
  • Fixed adjustments being ignored when outside of an artboard even though they may have an effect on the document
  • Fixed being unable to move the Greyness node in Layer Effects > Colour Overlay
  • Fixed colour node appearing on the Colour panel 
  • Fixed hit testing on floating window edges to make it easier to resize windows
  • Fixed closing a floating window through the taskbar closing the application (a side-effect of this change is that Alt+F4 on a floating window will now just close that window, not the app)

29 minutes ago, dkibui said:

This one is exceptionally slow to download. Anybody experiencing very slow download speeds?

I downloaded at 'normal' speed as usual. But there have been occational reports in the past with earlier versions that download was exceptional slow. It always returned to an avarage/normal download time after a while.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

This time the download took about two minutes, but not long ago, for a previous update, I had a download that lasted from 7: PM to 1: AM the next day and I had to get back to it four times! And yet I have the fibre, I thought I was turned over in 1996!

On 12/7/2017 at 0:41 AM, reglico said:

This time the download took about two minutes, but not long ago, for a previous update, I had a download that lasted from 7: PM to 1: AM the next day and I had to get back to it four times! And yet I have the fibre, I thought I was turned over in 1996!

Hehe, now its downloading at 2.5mb/s. It's back to normal. Last time I tried it was at 25kb/s, I had to just cancel the download. Thanks for the feedback

On 12/6/2017 at 6:29 PM, dominik said:

I downloaded at 'normal' speed as usual. But there have been occational reports in the past with earlier versions that download was exceptional slow. It always returned to an avarage/normal download time after a while.

d.

I guess that happen sometimes, just gave it a try and it's back to normal speeds. Thanks for the feedback.

Absolutely great work on the raw converter. Now I am really happy with the shadows/lights improvements. the results of raw development is on the same level like Photoshop, shadows and details seem to be a little bit better. If the raw converter dialogue will be enhanced by lens profiles, the transformation tool as well as the HSL/graylevels such as in Adobe raw converter, then I do not need Photoshop anymore :).

Thx and best regards
Thomas

On 12/4/2017 at 11:27 AM, Mark Ingram said:
  • Changed Layers panel to add more distinction between clipped and nested layers 

I thought clipping and nesting were the same thing. Could you please educate me on the differences between the two?

iMac (24 inch, M1, 8 cores, 16 GB Memory, 2021)

iPad Pro 12.9", 3rd Generation

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, wilson66 said:

Create a rectangle using the rectangle tool, go to Fill -> Swatches and select 'Gradients' in the drop-down menu. Double-click one of the gradients. Designer will crash (single-click works).

I just did that and it did not crash. I tried it both from the swatches and from the toolbar

I am on Windows 10 84

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

47 minutes ago, wilson66 said:

Create a rectangle using the rectangle tool, go to Fill -> Swatches and select 'Gradients' in the drop-down menu. Double-click one of the gradients. Designer will crash (single-click works).

Hello wilson66,

I am not able to reproduce this. Any single and double click on a gradient swatch works as expected.

I was trying this on an empty document with just one rectangle. Was your document more complex?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Mmhm, strange. I was trying this on two different PCs (the one in the office and my own at home). On both systems the app crashes reliably when I follow the steps outlined above.

Document is a new one with just a rectangle in it. Up-to-date Windows 10 on both systems.

Just single-clicking works, so not a problem thats hard to avoid. ;)

31 minutes ago, wilson66 said:

Mmhm, strange. I was trying this on two different PCs (the one in the office and my own at home). On both systems the app crashes reliably when I follow the steps outlined above.

Document is a new one with just a rectangle in it. Up-to-date Windows 10 on both systems.

Just single-clicking works, so not a problem thats hard to avoid. ;)

Contact Support. But before you do that try performing their (in)famous control run up. Hold the control key down while you launch the program. check everything and continue. All your personalized setting will be gone but see if that fixes it. If not, off to support

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• 3 weeks later...