You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.96

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Affinity Photo was purchased.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• [Partial] Fixed failure to close down due to incremented load count from (failed) abandoned documents (still needs 1 further fix for corrupt abandoned files)
  • Improved Clarity algorithm
  • Improved Shadows & Highlights algorithm
  • Fixed Text Styles panel to show the document defaults when no text is selected 
  • Changed Layers panel to add more distinction between clipped and nested layers 
  • Fixed document DPI showing a decimal place in some situations
  • Fixed reset of user workspace when new panels have been added
  • Fixed newly created Text Styles being applied twice to a text frame on creation
  • Fixed vector export (including PDF) taking a long time due to large clip areas
  • Fixed Fit/Shrink to printable does not fit to printer margins 
  • Fixed 2nd Print has a zero size document in printer dialog 
  • Fixed being unable to move the Greyness node in Layer Effects > Colour Overlay
  • Fixed colour node appearing on the Colour panel 
  • Fixed Spacebar not changing cursor to hand when in Develop
  • Fixed hit testing on floating window edges to make it easier to resize windows
  • Fixed closing a floating window through the taskbar closing the application (a side-effect of this change is that Alt+F4 on a floating window will now just close that window, not the app)

Thanks Mark,

the waiting is over,;)
the list of improvements reads well.

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Fixes

• Fixed Spacebar not changing cursor to hand when in Develop

Except the Zoom-Tool

Mark, wouldn't it be great to add the left double-click function "zoom to fit" of the Hand Tool while pressing the Spacebar, like in the Photo Persona? See my request below...

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/47800-left-double-click-for-zoom-to-fit/#comment-239355

Thanks Mark. Shadows and Highlights/Clarity will be tested soon!

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Guys, could you check my issue with new beta, is it gone?

Win10 x64 1907, 16G RAM, Core i7 + Wacom Cintiq 12WX Interactive Pen Display - Affinity Photo  1.7.3.481 + Beta 1.8.0.526, Adobe Photoshop CS6, Corel Draw X7, ArtCAM 2015 R2
iOS 13.1.0, iPad Pro 10.5, 64GB + Apple Pencil - Procreate 5.0.2, Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3

Hi

All loaded and updated perfectly and Shadows a vast improvement. Thanks to the team.

Small feed back "Fixed Spacebar not changing cursor to hand when in Develop" not fixed.  Click on Zoom tool then press Spacebar no hand and no movement. Sorry. All others work.

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

Great job!

Thank you, the new shadows/highlights is great!!

I have posted a quick test in the feedback section :)

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

11 hours ago, Max N said:

And here are the latest bugs. I played three times in a row.

I can confirm this even for the iPad Version, when I change brushes it crashes and restarts.

| https://www.instagram.com/lutz.heidbrink https://500px.com/lutzheidbrink | https://www.eyeem.com/u/pixelcoder | https://society6.com/pixelcoder 
iPad Pro 10.5 - iOS 11.4.1 - Affinity Photo 1.6.7 - Affinity Designer 1.6.0.35 :11_blush:

18 hours ago, worf2 said:

Now Develop works like a charm - AP getting a further step closer to perfect.

Hi,

The develop persona will work as a charm when the choice of camera profiles will be integrated.

By the way, what news about the color bug with Nik Collection ?

I tested the Beta now and the new Clarity and Shadow algorithm works very much better than in 1.6.1.93. Thanks a lot for this development. But the Lights doesn´t work. It doesn´t matter if i set it up to +100% or down to -100%... there is no reaction detectable. In the older Version (1.6.1.93) it is working.
My OS is WIN 10 64, newest Updates.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

9 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

I tested the Beta now and the new Clarity and Shadow algorithm works very much better than in 1.6.1.93. Thanks a lot for this development. But the highlights doesn´t work. It doesn´t matter if i set it up to +100% or down to -100%... there is no reaction detectable. In the older Version (1.6.1.93) it was working.

Try with a pic which has strong highlights.

4 minutes ago, Tschens said:

Try with a pic which has strong highlights.

I tried a RAW (NEF) File with strong highlights and one with "normal" lights but there is no Reaction.
But if i open a .jpg in Develope Persona it works....  crazy....:D

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

1 hour ago, Uwe367 said:

I tested the Beta now and the new Clarity and Shadow algorithm works very much better than in 1.6.1.93. Thanks a lot for this development. But the Lights doesn´t work. It doesn´t matter if i set it up to +100% or down to -100%... there is no reaction detectable. In the older Version (1.6.1.93) it is working.

The tool draws only strong overshoots, while not affecting neighboring tones. For this, the tool sometimes works imperceptibly. This tool is so lacking in other editors who, following the overexposures, reduce the brightness of those colors that are inappropriate to lower. As a matter of fact, the dynamic range of the image is greatly expanded, without loss of contrast. I did not see the influence of the instrument at first, but finding the right shots surprised his work.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

1 hour ago, Uwe367 said:

I tried a RAW (NEF) File with strong highlights and one with "normal" lights but there is no Reaction.
But if i open a .jpg in Develope Persona it works....  crazy....:D

if interested I can throw the file in PM.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.