Is there any plan to add the aligning and blending of photo stacks in this?  This is something I would need to use the program.  Particularly nice if it included tools to adjust resolution, sensitivity, etc. tools that are missing from the aligning/blending features of PhotoShop.

Is there any plan to add the aligning and blending of photo stacks in this?  This is something I would need to use the program.  Particularly nice if it included tools to adjust resolution, sensitivity, etc. tools that are missing from the aligning/blending features of PhotoShop.

Not a deal breaker for me but it is something I would like to see as well

I'm interested in the focus stacking feature also, for use in macro shots.

Just want to add that I am really impressed by what you have done so far and I know there are hundreds of different things people are requesting.

Hi MDb, gardencat,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

AndyS has opened a thread detailing what will be changed/improved over the next months here. Take a look if you haven't yet.

This is something that may be implemented later, but for now, i think we are focusing on getting the basics right first. 

MEB, thanks for the response...no problem with being patient, I'm still working on all the things Affinity Photo can do for me. Just throwing the focus stacking request out there for future consideration.

I watched the stacking tutorials for the latest 1.4 release and didn't see one for focus stacking...hopefully that is a feature that is yet to come, and one I would definitely use.

I have the same need. Image alignment plus merge of in focus areas is a fundamental function for me. Not only for macro, also for panorama. I usually make 2 or 3 shots even if work with hyper focal in order to obtain all in focus. Adobe Photoshop has all of this!

Focus stacking is coming in 1.5, stay tuned!

Edit: forgot to mention, seeing as this is an old thread, Photo has supported average/blend stacking since 1.4. You can do noise reduction, exposure merging, long exposure simulation, object removal and more. There are tutorials that cover all of these stacking techniques in the tutorial thread here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10119-in-house-affinity-photo-video-tutorials/

More than 200 Affinity Photo Video Tutorials - Affinity Photo for iPad Tutorials

Looking for a manual/documentation? Check affinity.help for online help!

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more

500px for photography edited in Affinity Photo