You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone,

I am trying to edit raw images in affinity photo but when I drag or open them they have a pink filter over them, does anyone know how I can fix this? Photos are from canon camera, downloaded into Digital Photo Professional 4 and I am using a MacBook Pro. It seems to only happens with raw images.. 

Thanks so much in advance,

Elise 

• Staff

Hi paolaloise,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

I've just tried a few RAW samples from the Canon EOS 80D and they are loading correctly for me but i'm running the latest Photo Beta on iPad - i'm now trying with the retail. I'm assuming you are using the retail version (1.6.5) too. Is that correct? You can check the version number taping the cog icon in the Welcome screen to go to the Preferences - the version number is on the bottom right. Any chance you can upload the RAW file shown on your screenshot so i can check what's going on? You can use this link to do so.

Thanks.

40 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi paolaloise,

I've just tried a few RAW samples from the Canon EOS 80D and they are loading correctly for me but i'm running the latest Photo Beta on iPad. I'm assuming you are using the retail version (1.6.5). Is that correct? You can check the version number taping the cog icon in the Welcome screen to go to the Preferences - the version number is on the bottom right.

I am using the app for iPad I downloaded on iTunes a few days ago. In the App Store said is 1.6.5. So I’m using the same version as you. I imported the photo in ligtroom, the original file was ".CR2" but I always make them ".DNG" because it is a more compatible RAW. Then I exported the photo to my iPad using airdrop. As you can see in the first screenshot of Affinitty, the photo appears correct, but when I import it it does with that pink filter.

Right now I can not attach the file, I'll upload it in an hour.

Edited by paolaloise

25 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi paolaloise,

I've just tried a few RAW samples from the Canon EOS 80D and they are loading correctly for me but i'm running the latest Photo Beta on iPad. I'm assuming you are using the retail version (1.6.5). Is that correct? You can check the version number taping the cog icon in the Welcome screen to go to the Preferences - the version number is on the bottom right.

Sorry, MEB.. I din’t even say Hi! or thanked you for answering.. I’m a little frustrated with this issue, but that is not an excuse to have bad manners.

• Staff
26 minutes ago, paolaloise said:

Sorry, MEB.. I din’t even say Hi! or thanked you for answering.. I’m a little frustrated with this issue, but that is not an excuse to have bad manners.

No worries paolaloise :) It's all ok.

Regarding your image: I've just tried the sample with the retail version (1.6.5) and they all open correctly as well. Are you opening the RAW in Lightroom just to convert it to DNG or do you perform any edits there as well? If it's only for converting you can simply bypass that step and open the .CR2 file directly in Affinity Photo for iPad. It should load correctly - can you try it please? I suspect it's the conversion to DNG that's causing the pink overlay issue. If that's the case can you please upload the converted DNG using this link so we can check it out to see if there's anything we can do on our end? Thanks.

48 minutes ago, MEB said:

Regarding your image: I've just tried the sample with the retail version (1.6.5) and they all open correctly as well. Are you opening the RAW in Lightroom just to convert it to DNG or do you perform any edits there as well? If it's only for converting you can simply bypass that step and open the .CR2 file directly in Affinity Photo for iPad. It should load correctly - can you try it please? I suspect it's the conversion to DNG that's causing the pink overlay issue. If that's the case can you please upload the converted DNG using this link so we can check it out to see if there's anything we can do on our end? Thanks.

I always convert my RAW when importing them to Ligtroom and the card where the photos were I format it so at this moment I do not have any CR2 files. I did not make any type of editing on the photo before exporting the DNG to the iPad. If that is the problem I see that I will not be able to edit any old photos on my iPad. I have attached the RAW that I was trying to edit in the link you give me.

1 hour ago, MEB said:

Hi! I just saw that Dropbox has converted my .DNG file into .JPEG. I do not know if there is another way to send you the original file. has converted my .DNG file into .JPEG. I do not know if there is another way to send you the original file.

40 minutes ago, Wikinger said:

Bonjour Paolaloise.

J'utilise aussi Dropbox.

Si vous enregistrez dans Dropbox, au format CR2 ou DNG vous pouvez envoyer un lien URL .

Avec ce lien, le destinataire peut ouvrir et télécharger au format CR2 ou DNG.

Cordialement. 

J'utilise le traducteur Google pour vous répondre parce que je ne connais pas le français, alors je m'excuse pour les erreurs. De l'iPhone et de l'iPad je n'ai pas les options que vous me dites, je vais essayer à nouveau quand je rentre à la maison.

8 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi paolaloise,

Yes, i have received a JPG not the DNG. Try to compress/zip the file first and upload it using the link i provided.

Hello again, I created a zip with "Documents" and I uploaded it again to the Dropbox link, I hope that now if it arrives correctly, I did not know that Dropbox converted the RAW into JPG.

• Staff

Hi paolaloise,

Just to confirm i've received the ZIP with the DNG file. Thanks. 

[EDIT] The file opens correctly on Affinity Photo for Mac using our RAW engine but also displays the "pink overlay" when using Apple (Core Image RAW) engine, which is the RAW engine used on the iPad - only the Mac version has two engines to choose from: ours (Serif Labs) and Apple (Core Image RAW). I've passed the file to the dev team for further inspection but i'm not sure we can do much on our part since the issue seems limited to the Apple engine.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:40 PM, DWright said:

Hi Elise,

Welcome to the forum

Can you please let me know the model number of the Canon camera that you are using 

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi paolaloise,

Just to confirm i've received the ZIP with the DNG file. Thanks. 

Checking this issue.

DWright, thank you, camera model is EOS 6D Mark ii, I am using 1.6.6 version of affinity photo, no conversion is being made before trying to edit in affinity, confirming it is a CR2 file that is straight from Canons - Digital photo professional 4. Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Elise,

The Canon 6D Mark II is only supported on Affinity Photo for Mac on macOS High Sierra when using the Apple (Core Image RAW) engine. Currently our RAW engine doesn't support it. If you are running macOS High Sierra you can switch engines opening the RAW file in Develop Persona then go to menu View - Assistant Manager... and change the first dropdown (RAW Engine) to Apple (Core Image Raw). Close the file and re-open it again and it should load correctly.