You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo – ’New Batch Job’ command results in unusably dark files

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/36155-dark-exports-with-new-batch-job-using-new-hdr-merge/#comment-258231

I’ve posted this here because it has been in the ‘Bugs on Mac’ forum since February. People have replied but no official response to what is a serious bug.

Batch processing is a fundamental part of a high volume workflow and the ‘New Batch Job’ command doesn’t work properly. When using it, whether on multiple files or just one file, the batch processed files are coming out way too dark whereas when I export individual files to jpg using the Export command, they're fine. When using the ‘New Batch Job’ command, it looks like I've duplicated the layer and used the Multiply blend mode.

Some feedback (with a timeframe) from Serif would be reassuring as singularly exporting hundreds of files is not ideal.

Do any of the moderators have updated information from Serif on this bug? Can this issue get escalated and quickly sorted?

Cheers,

Cheers,

Paul Zab | https://www.paulzabphoto.com

• Staff

Hi paulzabphoto,

This issue is still logged with our developers and they have suggested as a workaround you will need to  add a "Convert to sRGB" macro step in order for this to work as the EXR files are in linear space and if written to 8bit JPEG will look dark.

• 1 month later...

I have having this issue in two areas.

Bot batch converting .nef files to .tiff, the convert to srgb macro step does not have any positive effect.

When create a stack, and process the stack, the images are also coming out as dark as a batch conversion job.