You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workbook Disintegrate Effect

Affinity Photo Workbook arrived in good condition Beautifully designed and produced. The disappearing blues lines are a bit of a niggle when trying follow where they go. The lessons are good and pretty easy to follow but naturally there is heck of a lot to remember. So repeating the lessons is essential for me. This not for dummies.

I am having problems with the Disintegrate Effect (Page 398 to 399). On Page 396, Paragraph 2, the instructions read:  'On the Layers Panel select the Smudge layer, click Mask Layer and then chose Edit > Fill. As we've set the Primary colour in the Swatches Panel already, ensure Primary Colour is enabled to fill with black; this hides the entire layer for now but we'll paint it back later. Click Apply.'

I follow all instructions faithfully but on selecting Edit Menu > Fill, the primary colour Black switches to White of its own accord. I have repeated the lesson numerous times and always get the same result. Am I a dummy or are others experiencing the same problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

disintegrate-1.png

Thank you for your kind comment, Wikinger. Yes, I tried that but the arrow has no effect. The black and white options are stuck fast. I also selected black from the colours palate, which gave me two blacks. On trying Edit > Fill nothing happened to fill the photograph with black, but the Tool Bar switched to a two row short version. See image below.

disintegrate-2.png

Il y a 21 heures, Jeff282 a dit:

Merci pour votre gentil commentaire, Wikinger. ...........  mais la barre d'outils est passée à une version courte à deux rangs. Voir l'image ci-dessous ............

Bonjour.

Je vous dois des excuses, je n'avais pas bien interprété le sens de votre demande. (désolé pour le dérangement, je découvre aussi Affinity). 

La solution de owenr  m'intéresse également (merci à lui).

Cordialement.

Bonjour,
Pas de problème, il est décevant que le classeur contienne quelques leçons qui ne produisent pas les
résultats présentés. Cependant, le programme est si bon qu'il est d'une grande aide que des membres
avancés comme Owenr nous aident à surmonter ces obstacles mineurs.
Meilleurs voeux et puissions-nous progresser ensemble. S'il vous plaît pardonnez mon mauvais
français (de Google translate).

• 2 weeks later...