8 hours ago, v_kyr said:

The point is it's unusable for keeping it as a plain vector representation, it's then just a bitmap based warp here nothing more. If you look at the objects nodes you will see that it's nothing build out of vectors then any more.

no_vector_nodes.jpg.199a0c5050b5388f8a88c29180c6add8.jpg

When working with vectors in Designer you want to perform vector based distortions and not treat the whole as raster/bitmaps.

But, my point was that if your’re already finished with your vector art, but, you need some complemented warped text or symbols, the warping in pixelmode into Photo persona can be OK if you made it hi-res...

Of course, a native vector warping tool into Affinity Designer would be both easier and best looking in print...

8 hours ago, ErrkaPetti said:

But, my point was that if your’re already finished with your vector art, but, you need some complemented warped text or symbols, the warping in pixelmode into Photo persona can be OK if you made it hi-res...

Of course, a native vector warping tool into Affinity Designer would be both easier and best looking in print...

Maybe pixels may do it for certain people here. So it always depends what people are after and what fulfills their specific individual needs here. - I for my part don't want to change vector to pixels or use other third party tools, thus switching to APh and bitmaps is no option for me, or using third party vector tools for this on the long go. - A major and serious vector tool should nowadays offer these important functions.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

My concern with the lack of warp/distort after all these years is that there may be a fundamental weakness in the foundation of the tool that doesn't allow for a nondestructive manipulation of the artwork - that it breaks the image - and to do so will require a ground-up change to the structure of the file. Because lets face it, warp/distort has been a part of just about every other vector app since day one.

I appreciate the Affinity tools, the well-thought-out UX and the power behind the related apps, but my work requires contextual placement of art in a fast time frame. To lose a feature that's been around for over 25 years is hard to understand.

My concern with the lack of warp/distort after all these years is that there may be a fundamental weakness in the foundation of the tool that doesn't allow for a nondestructive manipulation of the artwork - that it breaks the image - and to do so will require a ground-up change to the structure of the file. Because lets face it, warp/distort has been a part of just about every other vector app since day one.

I appreciate the Affinity tools, the well-thought-out UX and the power behind the related apps, but my work requires contextual placement of art in a fast time frame. To lose a feature that's been around for over 25 years is hard to understand.