You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Non-destructive editing/warping?

I'm loving Affinity Photo so far, I am looking forward to replacing the pirated PS at home with a legitimate app from a developer I don't hate....

So far, the first hurdle I've come across with experimenting with Affinity: There doesn't, as far as I can tell, seem to be a way to non-destructively warp text. I've been using Mesh Warp as it's the only tool I see for the job, but an equivalent to a Free Transform would be suitable in order to have feature parity with Photoshop in this area. I do a lot of stuff with text, and being able to distort it non-destructively is a small feature, but a make-or-break one in my book.

- Create Text, type in whatever.

- Use the Mesh Warp tool to change it.

- Text is no longer editable.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I can choose to make text still editable after deforming it?

Thanks

@Dave, a way to non-destructively perform raster transforms, so that one can go back to those transforms and mesh/warp distortions, and continue editing the original values without having to re-rasterize the results destructively would be VERY welcomed.

PS has some of this functionality in it's smart objects feature: if you convert a raster layer into a smart object, all transforms and some filters will then be applied non-destructively to the original pixel data. This is a VERY kick-ass feature for workflow. I use it all the time for swapping low-res assets for high-res ones when converting approved comps into production files...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.